OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile! I ended up with a small leak in my plumbing that wasn't found on the initial test fill. I have know about it and put up with the massive amount of salt creep for a long time. It was making me have salinity issues and I knew I'd have to empty the hole tank to fix the issue. I have finally fixed the issue! Over the last two days I have drained the tank, took everything out of it, moved the tank from the wall, re-plumbed everything, and now I'm in the middle of resetting it up!

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.jpg

3.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

RyanCSGO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just getting caught up on the whole build.
awesome job!

watched the drilling vid, beautiful property your on too!
makes me want to get out of Cali.

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pretty large update to this thread. About a month after my major leak fix on the tank, my wife and I decided to put our house up for sale. We are expecting our first born on March 30th, and we decided we wanted something a little bigger. We were afraid the house would take forever to sell, but we ended up selling it for asking price in December! Fast forward to buying a new house and moving in the middle of January.

I decided I didn't want to try to transfer a living tank so I got rid of all the inhabitants and put my tank and equipment in storage.

So, this past week I have been preparing the new house for the tank! The wife and I are 4 weeks away from our sons due date so I'm trying to get it all finished before then.

I'm putting the new tank in our basement. There is a small space behind the tank, so I'll have a small fish room as well!

Here is what I am working with.

IMG_7833.JPG

img_7832-jpg.688256
IMG_7832.JPG

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built the stand, framed the wall, moved the water heater to the corner of the room, and have been working on getting all the trim work completed. Right not I just have some finishing details to finish up and build the doors. I'll hopefully get the doors built today, and I'm planning on moving the tank in on Saturday!

IMG_7841.JPG
IMG_7842.JPG
IMG_7843.JPG
IMG_7845.JPG
IMG_7857.JPG
IMG_7863.JPG

OP
OP
FrankAbagnale

FrankAbagnale

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to completely finish off the "fish room" and make it look really nice and pretty, but it's just not in the budget with the baby coming, and I'm concerned I wouldn't finish it before the baby arrives. I will probably slow upgrade the fish room over time by building some walls and doing drywall, as well as adding a sink, but it's going to take some time.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a huge update!

Congrats on the tank, the house and the baby!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back