OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use straight air line tubing. On my dosers. I use the iPhone app all the time to adjust dosing amounts but I use an iPhone 7+. Maybe I need to do a video on how to use the app. As you touch different parts of the screen to do different things and then touch in a certain order to set values.
I'll give it a try on my Fire HD :(
Yea, I am sure it was user error, but I'm not sure I'll need to play with it from the phone.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine don't seem as loud. But hey cool that your using that for auto water changes (I think?)

Well I was right on top of the unit when I recorded this. Normally I sit 6 feet from the tank. An the tv is on or music is playing. Yes that doser was purchase to do water changes and ato work.
I have two other ones. Which do Balling dosing and the other does Coral snow and various other additives.

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was right on top of the unit when I recorded this. Normally I sit 6 feet from the tank. An the tv is on or music is playing. Yes that doser was purchase to do water changes and ato work.
I have two other ones. Which do Balling dosing and the other does Coral snow and various other additives.
very cool. I am liking the doser thus far, but I think I found something that should be in the Control Center. HISTORY I want to see my history of dosing. If I had this, I would know how much I need to correct from my mishap with the iphone app. :(

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how much memory the Doser 2 actually has. I know the Profilux has enough memory to handle a history as that is in the settings.

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This just hit my doorstep. The new dosing containers. $58
IMG_4163.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have those [emoji3]
I almost pulled the trigger on Neptune systems dosing containers, but chocked on the price. So I went to online acrylic shop to buy 4" diameter acrylic tube and some small sheets. it all priced out to $20 in acrylic. I stopped shot when my wife showed me these on eBay. I did not need another DIY project. I'm happy and feel like I bought some time back for myself.

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have babies. Baby clown fish that is.
I spent about 40 minutes catching what I could. The rest will have to take their chances in the tank.

I can't count how many I gave a chance in their grow out tank.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not be happier with how things are progressing.

Lately around our house there has been much talk about circumnavigate the globe. So once again it appears that I must start planning a new way of life.

I won't be breaking this down until we have a solid plan. So check in often for not only updates on the tank, but also for news on this lifestyle change
IMG_4185.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful!

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad day coming up. When I return from India in a couple of weeks, I'll be putting the whole system up for sale.

We are getting closer to putting an offer on a catamaran.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back