OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back home. Sump 90% done and installed and running.

Expecting the GHL 2.1 Doser this coming Thursday. So I need to start reading up on how to program it before I leave for India.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the doser 2, because of the price difference. They are very easy to set up. The only confusion I had was on the calibration. If you download the full instruction manual it is easy. The instructions that come in the box are horrible. Your gonna love that doser!

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I like the GHL Doser. I like the proflux 4 however don't think At this time its a Apex replacement at this time.

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish, laid eggs again on the side of a large rock so my son and I threw this together. It's a plastic container for critters from petco. I am feeding it water from the main display at a trickle. There is a single drain. I may add one overflow just in case.
IMG_4127.JPG

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow ur build is amazing ur stand and attention to detail is awesome next time ur in jersey can u build me a tank?

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A great thing arrived today. I was a bit dissapointed that the manufacture packaging had been greatly damaged and I'm not 100% sure the temp probe connector functions because that took impact.
IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_4135.JPG

IMG_4139.JPG

IMG_4140.JPG

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, calibrated and positioned the GHL Doser into a temporary position. It's ready to roll.

The set up was cake! I was shocked as to how easy it was.

However, I used the same tubing we get with our RODI units to connect between my containers and the GHL and this just plain sucks and might cause issues down the road.
Can anyone show me how you connected yours?

IMG_4142.JPG

Last edited:

Fishnugget

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the noise of the pumps? I am looking at getting the same doser but for Automatic Water Changes (AWC) and Auto Top Off (ATO). Will you use the doser for this function? It now comes with continuous dosing pump heads.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doser looks sweet! I used airline tubing on mine. Thought about the RO tubing but as you said, I thought it would be a pain. If you decide to switch it out your going to need to re calibrate.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doser looks sweet! I used airline tubing on mine. Thought about the RO tubing but as you said, I thought it would be a pain. If you decide to switch it out your going to need to re calibrate.
I'll switch mine out also. It doesn't do anything for me anyhow.

Yesterday I took the day off from everything. Came down with the stomach flu. Never had it before and boy it is violent.

So today I tried out the GHL iPhone app. Not very good and I will not use it. It ran two heads when I only pressed the "dose now" button. Weird and unreliable. So I am not sure how much I dosed, but it was not the amount I wanted.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll switch mine out also. It doesn't do anything for me anyhow.

Yesterday I took the day off from everything. Came down with the stomach flu. Never had it before and boy it is violent.

So today I tried out the GHL iPhone app. Not very good and I will not use it. It ran two heads when I only pressed the "dose now" button. Weird and unreliable. So I am not sure how much I dosed, but it was not the amount I wanted.
I was going to use the app on my phone too, but I elected to use it on the iPad instead. It works flawlessly, and it's bigger so easier to see what your doing.
PS: Hope you feel better

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use straight air line tubing. On my dosers. I use the iPhone app all the time to adjust dosing amounts but I use an iPhone 7+. Maybe I need to do a video on how to use the app. As you touch different parts of the screen to do different things and then touch in a certain order to set values.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back