The Nautilus peninsula aquarium

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear about the Octo, makes my decision easier.

Love the tank ! !

Glad to see your wire spaghetti looks as good as mine :)

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear about the Octo, makes my decision easier.

Love the tank ! !

Glad to see your wire spaghetti looks as good as mine :)
Lol, my rats nest. I'll be working on that soon enough as my wife has also taken notice of it. But light rack first!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you think the only pics of my sump are only partial pics ;)

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was successful in hatching a batch of brine shrimp. They were very small and I wonder if I should let them grow a bit bigger next time before adding them to the tank. Anyone have thoughts about this?

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was successful in hatching a batch of brine shrimp. They were very small and I wonder if I should let them grow a bit bigger next time before adding them to the tank. Anyone have thoughts about this?
I had a small hatchery for them to feed my last system. I never let them grow. As soon as I had a nice cloud in there in the tank they went. I'm not sure what they eat, probably phytoplankton or something. For me it wasn't worth the effort. All the fish would go nuts for the hatchlings.

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of progress this weekend on the light case. Almost all done except for the cover, but far enough along to get it hung.

So the case currently holds 3 Hydra 52 HD, but I built it to actually hold 5 if 3 don't grow out SPS.

Went to hang it today and to my disappointment, the Aqua Illumination hanging kit is malfunctioning. One end won't grasp the wire.

So now I must wait until I can get this sorted out with BRS.

So here are some photos

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I had to spend 15 minutes in queue, BRS sent out a new unit with no issues at all. Thanks BRS. Can't wait to get these up in the air so I can do some maintenance and then on to "rats nest" below. My wife is so sick of the tangled ball of cords.

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the new temps in our area I can no longer go nakid without a chiller. So I found a Aqua Euro Apex on Petco for $100 less than Marin Depot. So I was happy to save a bit on the 1/4 hp.

OP
OP
Cyclist

Cyclist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been slow around here. The corals are growing, but slowly. I think I figured out why. Low Alk and Cal. I've started dosing about a week ago and have noticed a slight change in color and health.

I recently took on a new position and am now manager of global business intelligence for the company. This has me traveling all around the world and less time to give to the tank. I'm trying to make it easier to maintain.

First to change (sitting in the garage) is a trigger systems cube sump. I hope to get it installed in a few weeks. It's a little smaller than my glass sump, but easier for my wife to change socks and watch the pump and other items.

I have not added anything new yet but am planning on some new SPS corals. But I am having a hard time finding ones that are rare.

IMG_4003.JPG
IMG_4004.JPG
IMG_4005.JPG
IMG_4008.JPG
IMG_4011.JPG
IMG_4010.JPG
IMG_4012.JPG
IMG_4013.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back