Throwing out the Marine Pure?

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell Microbacter 7 also claims, iirc, to have denitrifiers. Though it does not sound to be as concentrated as FM Ultrabio.

Unfortunately for me, I’m not sure that the latter is distributed in the US.

Apologies if this breaks any rules, (so apologies and feel free to delete if so) but a quick google comes up with: http://cm-distributors.com/product-category/bacteria-based-products/

I've not used them, (having found FM UltraBio to be very effective) but there are a few broad range bacterial solutions that are used to seed the likes of Siporax. I'm sure a quick google would find you some recommendations I'm sure.

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just recently read a post on here about Marine Pure leaching aluminum. Even though I don't see any negative effects in my tank, I'm ready to toss the Marine Pure. Anyone else feeling the same?
nope. that leaching aluminun bs comes from triton method testing and how the tests brain fart on aluminum testing ( this has been confirmed by the labs. just use your marine pure. if however you choose not to use it do not throw it away, please send it to me and i will actually use it. im currently running a 8 x 8 x 4 block in my sump, i dont have much coral now because of that winter storm but what i do have is just fine and i have had the marine pure block in the sum since i set the tank up in 2019.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything leeches to some degree

Glass leeches silicates. Calcium sand leeches calcium. Some plastics leech tin. Your impellers leech iron. And yes aluminum sill leech aluminum inert or not.

Back