OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your guys take on reefnutrtions phyto feed, I was going to try that and see how I do with raising rots, ill be feeding my reef with them for the mean time u til I get my clowns, seems doable for 30 bucks for 32 oz.

2tankz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think reed marinculture's rotigrow complete is the best frozen algae product, because it has an ammonia neutralizer in it. If you haven't checked out the Marine Breeding Initiative yet, head over to mbisite.org. They have a ton of info on breeding.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to.use somethig in exspensive to pracice with as ref nutrition has small containers, reeds sells I liter and it 70 bucks don't wanna spoil it, Im.pretty sure I.can freeze the reeds stuff

MarkChong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used RotiGrow Plus from reed mariculture. Visit their website, they have tons of useful info.

P1040513.jpg

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha that pic is so awesome I wanna fast forward and raise fish, but I know his hobby o to well so i am taking it slow, but great shot. Do.u guys when u grow rots.just feed the phyto/rotifers togeher into tank or are u straining he rots.

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
strain
i use rotigrow plus. the complete cant be frozen and only lasts 4 months. the plus i freeze in smaller quanties and can be held for up to a year

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d202d1e038aae17d7489b70576ad4518.jpg

so i started reading my mew book that came in today, turns out my what i thought was a false perc is actually a amphiprion percula or a true percula clownfish, what do u guys think? btw hes almost 13 years old if not older.

i also feeds some rotifers i had to my tank and my corals, uuummmm went nuts!

image.jpg

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also was looking at this unit for 200 its 60x18x12 with 16 bins, i mean i can keep the fish in them but them ill need to move the babies to another system right?

6d52b6a58f75b70c04a03af0273a54ae.jpg

Just Clownin Around

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whooooo I don't have ATB money! Once I have your kind of money, then we can buy an ATB skimmer! So the skimmer should be rated at what?
If you are getting into breeding would you rather save up and buy once or buy two, maybe three times and end up with the quality you thought you were buying the first three times
Not to sound cocky but this hobby ain't cheap

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
strain
i use rotigrow plus. the complete cant be frozen and only lasts 4 months. the plus i freeze in smaller quanties and can be held for up to a year

i called them and they told me is, that rotigrow plus was great but the rg complete was good for roti grow out as it had ammonia neutralizers as well, and then the women stated that i could freeze it once for up to 2 years and to thaw in refrigerator until ready. have u heard different or experienced different, i would hate to buy it and freeze it and kill it lmk

JasonPG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
d202d1e038aae17d7489b70576ad4518.jpg

so i started reading my mew book that came in today, turns out my what i thought was a false perc is actually a amphiprion percula or a true percula clownfish, what do u guys think? btw hes almost 13 years old if not older.

i also feeds some rotifers i had to my tank and my corals, uuummmm went nuts!

image.jpg

I think your initial assumption was correct. That really looks like an ocellaris to me. And unless there is another clownfish that wasn't pictured, he is a she.

What are your broodstock plans? Is the clownfish pictured part of an actively spawning pair?

Good luck!

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no hes i mean she is solo in my main system i am trying to build mu setup so i can go out and buy some broodstock. im debating on buying that above system to house them but the more i think about it i should probally use what i have. i have a 2 x 40 breeder that i can divide with light diffuser and make like 3 sections and start with that i dunno at this point if i vam handle 3 active spawns. i need to find ma a pair of clowns next i believe lol. inwill use a 10 g tank for the grow out until they can go back into the 40 breeders.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok the tank is up and cyciling, with some help from you guys i am on the hun

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am on the hunt for a snowflake clownfish, if anyone in the pa area can help track one of these down let me know, not looking to break the bank. i did write clown depot and am awaiting a response .

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Filip
Thanks for the message. It looks like you have the right books and some nice equipment ready to go and you are off to a good start by doing a lot of research. You are certainly on the best forum to get great information from some good breeders. It looks like Rich and Jason have already shared some good advice and I am sure other breeders will too.

Regarding the snowflake you are looking for, what do you want to pair it up with and what are you hoping the result will be. Just looking for insight why you would like a snowflake.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Filip
Thanks for the message. It looks like you have the right books and some nice equipment ready to go and you are off to a good start by doing a lot of research. You are certainly on the best forum to get great information from some good breeders. It looks like Rich and Jason have already shared some good advice and I am sure other breeders will too.

Regarding the snowflake you are looking for, what do you want to pair it up with and what are you hoping the result will be. Just looking for insight why you would like a snowflake.

i like the way snowflakes look their patterns are cool , i also heard if u mix them with a ocellaris they make beautiful babies lol. so i am looking for a young male snowflake and an older 3 year old ocellaris. btw i live close to downington :) do u have anumber i could call u at, pm if u can thanks

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have the 40 breeder up and running and the more i think about having multiple clowns i think the 40 will not work, seems like smaller and more tanks would be ideal, is it worth setting up a series of 10 gallon tanks for this venture? let me know what you guys think. my thought be to have about 3-4 pairs or single clowns.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back