OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, who lives close to philly and or bucks county(doylestown to be exact), willing to travel to see someone who has a clownfish breeding setup, looking for some stock but most off all looking for ideas, tips, tricks and to talk about how to make the best of my experience. i recently bought some nice darwins, but they are soooooo small it will take forever to get a breeding pair, im not looiking to rush things but would like some help, please PM or call me whatever.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by the way currenlty i have in the breeder by compartments

#1 a female oscellarius approx 4+ years old
#2 2 x 1 inch darwins
#3 1 x 1 inch darwin and a lol 0.5 inch snowflake, that currently is not eating.

WatercolorsGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along as I recently started raising maroon clowns.
Good luck looks great.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along as I recently started raising maroon clowns.
Good luck looks great.

How's.that working for you? I just recenlty bought a mated pair of snowflakes we will see what happens

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would anyone allow me to hatch out a batch of there fish? i hear they c an spawn every 12 days im sure someone can spare a set to help me get my feet wet.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so heres the update, i have my 40 breeder that i have split into 4 chambers
04d3851d5f983bf3070a19914ca26a0a.jpg

422ed825b164cb6b9618b4889355efdf.jpg

sorry for all the toys but this is my room lol clearing it out!

i currently have 2 snowflakes paired in bin one, bin 2 has 2 ora onyx, bin 3 has a 5 year old ocellarius with an ora darwin and bin 4 will have a mated and breeding pair of 5 year old ocellarius. i also have a hang on tank that has a very tiny sowflake i saved from an overflow.

ae1e38c44cd3361e0b681066356d27eb.jpg

fd3fa7697fe740551f2be6dafffee36d.jpg

d20fc65a3ad1deca98138e0d5301d1ec.jpg

93e88dd3ace5096066964eebadb377fe.jpg

i need to setup a rotifer breeeding tank, a artemis tank, a newly hatched tank and a grow out tank

questions what do u guys use for over the broodstock tank for lighting? i was thiking regular flurescents from home depot or lowes, currently i have a compact flurescent but the spread stinks

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres my new clowns, mated and breeding hope they breed for me and the beat up darwin i have removed and hes stress free.

[video]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e35/frezel1/2b55753af7c9eb246ab9f917a871b966.mp4[/video]

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the darwins never fought, i went out for one day and come back and the other ate his tale needless to say that darwin is being qt'd, and that darwin is being put in place by a large female occy

WatercolorsGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's.that working for you? I just recenlty bought a mated pair of snowflakes we will see what happens

It is going ok. Just started my first batch 2 weeks ago. Had a big die off after air was shut off to fry tank courtesy of my dog's apparent taste for airline tubing. But the few survivors are growing and currently on rotifers and baby brine shrimp.
Fry are in a ten gallon tank.

WatercolorsGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ship of my current setup. Pretty basic. Two of the four sides are covered in black duct tape. Those two sides being the brightest. Rest if tank is covered with a black cloth to keep motion outside of tank from disturbing the fry.
1361225396552.jpg

The original setup I used to hatch and initially raise the larvae was about a 12 gallon steritub. I didn't like thus setup much.
1361225477430.jpg

WatercolorsGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could edit my last post due to the darn autocorrect on my phone!

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are god fry of what type of clown, that stinks about airline you will have to get the non Bacon scented one. It's so cool can't wait till I get a batch I hope.to catch it.on video lol

WatercolorsGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maroon Clownfish are currently spawning for me and it is their fry I am raising. I have two pair of Occ. Clownfish and a pair of Percs but none of them have produced yet. Also trying to find a mate for another Maroon female...she is a little onery though.

The Maroons spawned again today. I caught it this time on video. I will post a link when it is done uploading.

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ima failure, so far a i lost a baby darwin to a fight in the middle of the night , then i had to break up another bad fight and one of those darwins jumped into the compartment with a four inch mocha and lets just say it wasnt pretty, again in the middle of the night. i also have a tank full of fish that at least are not eating when im looking.

i have 3 pairs left and they just stopped eating, the snowflake pair i bought fro lfs were eating like slobs, here i feed and feed and they wount eat, i fed the same the store did they just watch it drop, ive tried live baby brine frozen cyclo, adult frozen brine, forula one cubes, different types of pellets and flakes from ocean nutrition and. think all i doing is fowling the tank. ammonia is .05ppm and going to do a ater change, the pnly thingi can think of is there picking on food at bottom of tank when im gone.

should i just hold feeding for a day and build back there appetites, the one pair i dont care about as they are big and healthy its the new snoflakes that arerobally a 8 months old i worry about. temp is 82 and sg is like 1.024-5

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure but fish are not eating I might be over feeding but I don't see them eating ,bi even tried live brine and they seemed anyoed by them. I currenlty did a 50% water.change and levels are great I dunno maybe I'm.scarring them. I closed the door dimmed the lights and gonna give.them.some.quiet time.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back