trying my hand at breeding clowns

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try New Life Spectrum's marine or small fish formula next time around...

It sounds like they either came down with something or became constipated from something they were eating...

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a book on breeding i could sell for $20 ? Its a aquarium handbook from beginner to breeder

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

thanks i think i bought all the breeding books i can , now its just time to get started and learn

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try New Life Spectrum's marine or small fish formula next time around...

It sounds like they either came down with something or became constipated from something they were eating...

yes i am not sure what happened either way it stinks , but will be ordering from reeds a breeders pack of food

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your clown. :( It sounds like you were very attached to it.

yeah he was my little buddy for 16+ years and the kids loved him too, now he sleeps in our yard;(

mrs sexycorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your breeding venture coming along? I have been wanting to try this experiment out but I'm afraid I don't have enough patience. Did you get a final setup? If so, what is it? I want to make my first clown breeding experience as smooth as possible. :D

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
F

frezel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i see excitment in tank but no sign of breeding. currently my sg is 1.018 and temps are 85 any thoughts? lights on for 16 hours and im feeding well water qualitity is perfect.

NH Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why so low salinity and so high temp? I have 3 pair breeding now at 81* and 1.022 salinity .Even the lights are on too long. maybe you're trying to hard.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back