Trying to see what it will take for my wife to murder me.....

Zos4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
images.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have to buy her Portugal....
Fortunately, she loves the hobby as much as I do... I just have to pay for it....

Lol, l'm very fortunate that I don't have to counter balance with my wife. She's very understanding!

OP
OP
Sinfullchef

Sinfullchef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just showed my wife your picture and said “you would totally kill me”. She shrugged her shoulders and said “what is that about 3 grand” yep “ahh I’d figure it out”........................ hmm guess I get a free pass?
Do it now!! I just came home and shoved it all in my office. Now that I bought all top notch equipment she gave me the green light to buy a brand new tank! It will totally work the same for you i
Do it now. Before she changes her mind...

I'll never forget the day, long ago, when my wife, who was also my accountant at the time said " Do you KNOW how much money you spent?!"
My reply was "pretty good idea. Let's not bring it up again".. this was while building my 240...

She doesn't ask anymore....

mine just rolls her eyes anytime I say I am going to the lfs lol
Do you have life insurance?
Is your wife pretty?
If you get away with that much I'd like to meet her. :)

Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Yes I do and yes she is lol. Also pregnant which might be why she is being nice but I am not sure. Thought pregnancy was supposed to make them angry

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it now!! I just came home and shoved it all in my office. Now that I bought all top notch equipment she gave me the green light to buy a brand new tank! It will totally work the same for you i

mine just rolls her eyes anytime I say I am going to the lfs lol

Yes I do and yes she is lol. Also pregnant which might be why she is being nice but I am not sure. Thought pregnancy was supposed to make them angry

Oh, well that could be a game-changer for everyone!
Congratulations Dad! You will have your hands full with a pretty wife, reef, and new baby in the house. Sounds pretty good.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha this is my “cheap” hobby. I also work in the monster truck industry

A friend of mine use to drive a big foot truck for Bob Chandler back in the nineties.

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once walked into the garage and tearfully told my husband that I spent almost $1000 on a coral sale without talking to him about it first. I'm still alive and kicking. His response was that he once bought a car for about that much and didn't talk to me about it first (He likes to rebuild off road vehicles.) So he said it made us even. ;)

OP
OP
Sinfullchef

Sinfullchef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I once walked into the garage and tearfully told my husband that I spent almost $1000 on a coral sale without talking to him about it first. I'm still alive and kicking. His response was that he once bought a car for about that much and didn't talk to me about it first (He likes to rebuild off road vehicles.) So he said it made us even. ;)
I almost wish my wife had an expensive hobby to share the guilt.... almost

Albert Bazaar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote about this subject in my article " The psychology of reefing" about transparency with purchases we buy in general, here on Reef2reef.

Anything to keep us from being in the dog house, rolling eyes, frowns, general unhappiness....... Lol

Always remember, Happy wife... Happy life!

@Sinfullchef, nice haul!
That's all my wives left me was the livestock and aquariums and the dog.They took everything else.NO WOOMAN,NO CRY.NO WOOMAN NO CRY.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all, my name is Tyler aka sinfullchef. Yes I know it is spelled wrong, that is a story for another day. I have a 100g tank atm that is mostly fish with a couple monti’s and a toadstool sprinkled in. I started my first reef tank about 4 years ago and my current tank has been going for about 3 years. In that time I have learned a whole heck of a lot and wish I would have spent more time reading. I am planing a Red Sea 425 build so stay tuned for that. Oh and as for the title, this was my haul for the week.

9187627B-75DA-4EA5-B85B-DEFF1E05EB05.jpeg
Welcome - My guess is she's not to the point of killing you yet - however - wives have other ways............

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back