Trying to see what it will take for my wife to murder me.....

SassyPistol

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote about this subject in my article " The psychology of reefing" about transparency with purchases we buy in general, here on Reef2reef.

Anything to keep us from being in the dog house, rolling eyes, frowns, general unhappiness....... Lol

Always remember, Happy wife... Happy life!

@Sinfullchef, nice haul!

As someone who has a husband that is not in the hobby, I definitely agree to the last sentence. ;)
Also it kind of help that he is not into it, because whenever i add corals to the tank he won't notice anyway.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dont know the 'standard' - my wife and I put enough into an account at the beginning of the month to cover the bills. Then we put into our savings. The remainder we just use - we dont ask each other what the other is doing - unless there is a problem. Now - if each month one person was spending 5x the other one - that could be a problem. Marriage is a partnership - or?

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As someone who has a husband that is not in the hobby, I definitely agree to the last sentence. ;)
Also it kind of help that he is not into it, because whenever i add corals to the tank he won't notice anyway.

+1

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know the 'standard' - my wife and I put enough into an account at the beginning of the month to cover the bills. Then we put into our savings. The remainder we just use - we dont ask each other what the other is doing - unless there is a problem. Now - if each month one person was spending 5x the other one - that could be a problem. Marriage is a partnership - or?

Very much a partnership! I help her, she helps me. We both win!

Reesj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome 1.jpg

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what did you get???Always wanted to dive and collect on the Hawaiian reefs.Life got in the way.
I was referring to the haul of the op.
Unfortunately I'm not in Hawaii. I'm in Utah. I lived in Hawaii my entire life. You mentioned tangs. We call them Palani. I had a 41' sailboat since I was 26 I'm now 52. I had 5 Palanis as pets. Watched them grow up under my boat. They grow to about 18" and over 10 pounds. I also free dove at least 3 times a week. I sold everything about 5 years ago to spend time with my father. He has Parkinson's and had a stroke last year. Most people feel sorry for me, but I am lucky. I spend the whole day, everyday, caring for my best friend and my girlfriend and 7 year old daughter is with me too.
The reason why I got into reefing was to have the smell of the marina. I'm now addicted to the challenges of the hobby. Each failure just makes it more interesting. Well... and the gear is pretty cool too.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back