Want to try somthing new

TeamTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to try a new tank probability species specific. I want to try somthing new and diffrent looking at pisol shrimps, mantis shrimps, or a dwaf octopus. I have done decent reseach on all. More looking for why keep one over the other or other odd and cool no fish animals.

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmmmmmm @Wiz can help you with some info on the mantis shrimp ... his is really cute ;)

IMG_4786 santa.jpg

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I don't think pistol shrimp call for a specialized tank. I would go with the octo. But the mantis is a great choice too.
The mantis has the best eyesight ever! And the arms are deadly. Really cool but probably buried most of the time and not the most entertaibing choice.
Octo (from what I know) are the smartest and most interesting to watch. I've been told they recognise speach. Or can be taught to anyway. They can be taught colors and to execute tasks. They build a personal relationshup with its caregiver. But on the flip side can be like a family member when they pass. So very very cool creatures. And defanitly worth their own enclosure. But hard to care for. They need companionship. :)

Marquiseo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to try a new tank probability species specific. I want to try somthing new and diffrent looking at pisol shrimps, mantis shrimps, or a dwaf octopus. I have done decent reseach on all. More looking for why keep one over the other or other odd and cool no fish animals.
What about cuttle fish?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%

Back