OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't help but think I'm doing something wrong with the way I'm doing things? But I've followed all the dosing directions, I have listened to every piece of advice, and, now, I'll be prepared with meds on hand for the next time I get fish. I'm thinking of putting a small hob filter on the first tank that I put them in and let them settle in for a little bit longer before I start ttm next time. I have been preferring to start ASAP because, with 2 fish in a 10g with no filtration and heavy-ish feeding, the water does get dirty pretty fast. Ttm is an easy way to make the sure the fish get 100% clean water every 3 days. But next time I might stick a hob filter on the first tank and let them stay there for a little while to observe before starting ttm.

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should do a "review"of you QT practices. I would recommend soaking the tank in bleach water for 48 hours with powerhead and all current equipment running to make sure you kill anything in there that might have killed your fish. After that, rinse well with ro water and let dry completely.

I would also take a breath and try to reread all available materials on this site for successful QT and treatment of your fish.

The last recommendation is to make sure that you are buying your fish from a reputable source and if at all possible, a LFS where you can observe them for a few days before purchase, to assure they appear healthy and are eating well.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should do a "review"of you QT practices. I would recommend soaking the tank in bleach water for 48 hours with powerhead and all current equipment running to make sure you kill anything in there that might have killed your fish. After that, rinse well with ro water and let dry completely.

I would also take a breath and try to reread all available materials on this site for successful QT and treatment of your fish.

The last recommendation is to make sure that you are buying your fish from a reputable source and if at all possible, a LFS where you can observe them for a few days before purchase, to assure they appear healthy and are eating well.

I agree with this.

Don't get down on yourself @leahfiish. It takes practice to get the hang of QT and even certain ways to QT. The more you do it, the more successful at it you will be. There are also many diseases and parasites that we don't know anything at all about, or just not much about. Infections are very difficult because most of us don't have the ability to ID the bacteria through a scope so we know exactly which med to treat with. You'll do better with the next batch! And you still have one wrasse left to care for.... so don't give up. :)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above. Time to hit the reset button. Bleach everything and do some reading/thinking about your next move. And of course, we are always here to help. So maybe formulate a new QT strategy and run it by us. :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.0%
Back