Weird bump on fairy wrasse

Falk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar bump on a rhomboid wrasse seems to happen with new tank stress. I just fed quality food and had good water quality and it went away on its own.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, but I was under the impression that metroplex works for that as well?
Edit : did still see white stringy poop from clown fairy this morning.

Metro works better for intestinal worms, but Prazipro is usually required to eradicate external worms like flukes (Monogeneans).

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet, but I was under the impression that metroplex works for that as well?
Edit : did still see white stringy poop from clown fairy this morning.

Metroplex is good for intestinal worms and should be fed to them for best results. Soak it into their food along with focus to bind it. If they are eating, then that's best... if not, then you'll have to dose it into the tank. Go ahead and start dosing the metroplex along with kanaplex and if you can get it furan2. Hopefully you can catch this with the right mix of meds before it goes too far.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metroplex is good for intestinal worms and should be fed to them for best results. Soak it into their food along with focus to bind it. If they are eating, then that's best... if not, then you'll have to dose it into the tank. Go ahead and start dosing the metroplex along with kanaplex and if you can get it furan2. Hopefully you can catch this with the right mix of meds before it goes too far.
I dosed metro on Friday night. (and redosed it along with kanaplex after I transferred them Saturday am).

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest I could get furan2 would be Monday night. Until then, I could use furan2 that expired in 2015. I'm trying to find out if there's any danger to that.

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The easiest I could get furan2 would be Monday night. Until then, I could use furan2 that expired in 2015. I'm trying to find out if there's any danger to that.
Go ahead and use it. It may have lost it's potency, but is better that nothing at this point.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Metroplex, Kanaplex and Furan 2 can all be combined safely. I'm not sure of what you could replace the furan2 with and it still be a safe mix. There are others like NGP but I'm not sure if you can mix it with the others safely.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Metroplex, Kanaplex and Furan 2 can all be combined safely. I'm not sure of what you could replace the furan2 with and it still be a safe mix. There are others like NGP but I'm not sure if you can mix it with the others safely.
Okay so the site I linked says paraguard, kanaplex, and furan2 can be (effectively) combined
It also says metro, kanaplex and furan 2 can be combined.

Is it safe to assume that all 4 can be combined?

Last edited:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so the site I linked says paraguard, kanaplex, and furan2 can be (effectively) combined
It also says metro, kanaplex and furan 2 can be combined.

Is it safe to assume that all 4 can be combined?

Possibly; Paraguard contains no methanol so there shouldn't be any risk of a bacterial bloom from combining them.

Germ42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang so Sorry to hear that! At least you tried everything you possibly could to save the baby!

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have hope for the McCoskers although he's still not eating even live blackworms. I don't see anything visibly wrong with him so I don't think I am going to continue with kanaplex, I'll just keep dosing metro and soaking food in metro. He is still alert and doesn't seem frightened or spooked easily. When I took the clown fairy out, for example, he just watched - I could see his eyes move - but didn't retreat further in to the pvc or anything. He is up right, not laying on his side, and would occasionally turn around, reposition, or move outside of the pvc, or flash briefly at the other fish, but he very rarely moved more than an inch or two above the bottom of the tank. It's possible that he's swimming and eating when I'm at work but I would expect him to at least come out for a few minutes. I've tried keeping the lights off in the room and it doesn't seem to help.

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that. The second wrasse seems very lethargic to me. It is not normal for them to just watch when a hand goes in the tank. I would do a complete 100% water change to rid tank of whatever that was that killed the other wrasse.

OP
OP
leahfiish

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that. The second wrasse seems very lethargic to me. It is not normal for them to just watch when a hand goes in the tank. I would do a complete 100% water change to rid tank of whatever that was that killed the other wrasse.
He was due to be transferred again today (for ttm) but he didn't make it. :(

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back