What is the fish you regret putting in your tank the most?

jkirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a mystery wrasse whose favorite game is serial killer, he's knocked off a pylei wrasse and orchid dotty back that i know of. And he may have gotten my helfrich fire fish too, haven't seen him in a few days. But strangely i still love the little devil

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today it is a bicolor dottyback. I bought an anthias and a fairy wrasse last week as a birthday gift to myself and it attached the anthias as soon as I put it in the tank. The attacking lessened and I thought the anthias was okay but then saw it dead on Saturday. This evening when I fed I realized the fairy wrasse was missing. I feel really bad but I didn't know the dottyback would be so aggressive.

Guess I will trap the dotty back and banish it to the settling tank with the melanurus wrasse and long spine urchin.

Inwall150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Velvet Damsel and Niger Trigger... Both are bullying the other fish.

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did your melanurus wrasse do to get banned?

I've been blaming ours for all kinds of stuff but I don't know if he's really the one responsible.

Emerdog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vlimingi tang He's eaten two clowns bullies my hippo and ate my flame angel I'm still trying to catch him

chris1017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far my only bad fish is a yellow eye kole tang. He does not kill, but he drives my ornate wrasse nuts by following him everywhere. He also charges my potters angel from time to time and he won't let my royal gramma out of his cave. I must be lucky in the fact that my 6 year old pair of Percs have never bothered anyone, and they were the first fish in the tank.

Beradd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 6
line ...im down to two fish left, him and a lawnmower. dont want to tear apart my rock work to get him oit but i fear i will have to ....if i ever want to have a good fish population again.

Acroholics

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Longnose hawkish. My first fish I put in my tank and finally just caught him after a year if trying to do so. They are extremely smart and the fact that they are practically spider man in fish form doesn't help either.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vlimingi tang He's eaten two clowns bullies my hippo and ate my flame angel I'm still trying to catch him

First, I see a post claiming that you had a Six Lined Wrasse for 11 years. To beat the known record of 10 years? Then you're trying to tell us a Vlamingii Tang ate two Clowns and a Flame Angel.

What size tank is this Vlamingii in and how may bites did it take to eat the Flame Angel?

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, I see a post claiming that you had a Six Lined Wrasse for 11 years. To beat the known record of 10 years? Then you're trying to tell us a Vlamingii Tang ate two Clowns and a Flame Angel.

What size tank is this Vlamingii in and how may bites did it take to eat the Flame Angel?

My thoughts exactly! Vlamingii Tangs are known to be the most personable Tangs in this hobby, but need very large tanks of course (10' long or more!).

OP
OP
AJsTank

AJsTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He said in another post that his coral beauty killed his flame and in another post that he caught a clown trigger fishing. Lol

Beradd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Caught him! Now what to do with him...

Attachments

• 1390760882379.jpg
    1390760882379.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 337

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest regret was a beautiful powder blue tang. He was so hyper he changed the demeanor of the whole tank. My other fish were nervous wrecks..lol..He played soccer with my frags; he would pick them up and move them wherever he liked. and loved to eat lps.

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really, that's strange, they are considered very reef safe. They sure do like to zip around and flash and show off though. Mine has never nipped anything in over three years.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back