Why do some people get tons of replys and other get very little/none?

OP
OP
Clowns-corals-cats

Clowns-corals-cats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I post stuff that gets some replies and I post stuff that gets no replies.
I don't see the problem!

I reply to stuff I find interesting, informative or right down funny.
Other stuff that I have no direct knowledge about, I don't say anything.

What's the problem, this isn't TikTok.
Don't use tik tok boy. It was a question I already got some good answers for from productive people!

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefers respond when someone takes the effort to put the details down in the thread! Too many times it’s “I need help” or “l have a question” without many details.

OP
OP
Clowns-corals-cats

Clowns-corals-cats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't use tik tok boy. It was a question I already got some good answers for from productive people

I post stuff that gets some replies and I post stuff that gets no replies.
I don't see the problem!

I reply to stuff I find interesting, informative or right down funny.
Other stuff that I have no direct knowledge about, I don't say anything.

What's the problem, this isn't TikTok.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you. I finally made a build thread when I swapped out tanks for a warranty replacement and NO ONE has looked at it. Did not even get a badge. I feel like a schmuck! Haha
I guess I needed more of a grabber title to get views. I gave up on it if no one cares. Kinda a bummer

OP
OP
Clowns-corals-cats

Clowns-corals-cats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Clowns-corals-cats - Do you have a question or topic we can help YOU with???
Well I have had this hammer for along while now it grew alot and one of the heads was shaded wasn't sure what to do I did get 2 answers one to frag it one to not. I went ahead and fragged it today first time I ever did fragged anything. I think it went well but when I put some current on it in the beginning to get it to retract pieces of the tentacles came off like a dust storm. It's slowly opening back up but a few tentacles look exploded that can't be normal right? Also idk what to do about this elegance I got yesterday it looked in rough shape before I even got it home. Not sure what to do but I'll attach some pics and paramiters I'm a quick second

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most posts are questions that have been answered thousands of times or the person posts a problem they are encountering but never provide tank parameters.

OP
OP
Clowns-corals-cats

Clowns-corals-cats

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have had this hammer for along while now it grew alot and one of the heads was shaded wasn't sure what to do I did get 2 answers one to frag it one to not. I went ahead and fragged it today first time I ever did fragged anything. I think it went well but when I put some current on it in the beginning to get it to retract pieces of the tentacles came off like a dust storm. It's slowly opening back up but a few tentacles look exploded that can't be normal right? Also idk what to do about this elegance I got yesterday it looked in rough shape before I even got it home. Not sure what to do but I'll attach some pics and paramiters I'm a quick second
pH 7.8 I can't get it to raise. Nitrates 20. Phosphates .25. salinity .025. calcium 380. Temp 79.9. under a ai prime.

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_141559.jpg
    IMG_20210904_141559.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20210904_141550.jpg
    IMG_20210904_141550.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210904_141537.jpg
    IMG_20210904_141537.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210904_141525.jpg
    IMG_20210904_141525.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 26

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at you - already fragging! Well done!

Hammers are tricky. Know many Reefers that won’t put them in their aquarium. Don’t be afraid to move them around to find the right spot. Good sign that’s it’s slowly opening back up. They definitely don’t want too much flow.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel you. I finally made a build thread when I swapped out tanks for a warranty replacement and NO ONE has looked at it. Did not even get a badge. I feel like a schmuck! Haha
I guess I needed more of a grabber title to get views. I gave up on it if no one cares. Kinda a bummer
Honest question, if you don't care enough to link your build thread, How do people even know it's there?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH 7.8 I can't get it to raise. Nitrates 20. Phosphates .25. salinity .025. calcium 380. Temp 79.9. under a ai prime.
Aquarium looks great. Decent parameters. Keeping hammers and torches are tough. What are doing you to keep Calc & Alk stable?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. I went and found that thread and replied to it.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Water changes often with reef crystals. I am able to dose if needed but just haven't needed to yet.
Keep an eye on your hammers and torches. They really like stable Calc & Alk. Keep testing for any drops. If you notice lower Calc/Alk, think about the dosing.

Also, you will get better growth with higher pH/Calc/Alk/Mg.

A3C832F9-E003-476B-B8E7-BCDF9E56E234.png

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Water changes often with reef crystals. I am able to dose if needed but just haven't needed to yet.
Your calcium is a little on the low side and I don't see an alkalinity listed. It seems to me like you are right on the verge of needing to dose, or at least find some way to replace alkalinity and calcium.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honest question, if you don't care enough to link your build thread, How do people even know it's there?
Well I kinda gave up updating it. And I kinda don’t know how to link it (yes I am a dummy). It wasn’t for looks just for S&G’s on my end and maybe help someone who was going through the same issue. Not trying to get pity I was just surprised. The fact no one saw it was kinda embarrassing to me. R2R is good about getting important stuff I need answered. You are correct, I never tried to get people to see it so I can’t complain

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally only stick to the couple forums that interest me. I personally have no interest in certain types of corals or equipment as I’m set on what I like. Like @Lasse I really only like to give advice if I have experience with the issue at hand or have personally used the product.

Enjoy your reef tank @Clowns-corals-cats

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 46 43.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 50 47.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back