Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t double check the math, but that’s the right process.

I doubt the decrease in AFR is enough to worry about the trace element loss. The calculation of needed trace elements is not a science, but guesswork since calcifying corals are not necessarily the main user and certainly not the only user of many trace elements in many tanks. Macroalgae, soft corals, anemones, sponges, etc all use trace elements and a vendor like TM is just providing an average consumption (I hope, anything else is even less useful).
Yeah I just figured it was a good starting point, will see if TM can advise on the amount of A-/K+ per ml of AFR. Seemed to be a good distribution when I did my last ICP, other than iodine, but that seems common. Will have to test key elements, particularly Mg, and adjust as needed.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally get to ask you a question that I’ve been meaning to ask for some time now.

I got hold of this fertiliser to grow algae and it works pretty well, it claims to be nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus and minerals

66561916-2E10-458C-B36C-A25689206685.png

it’s one of two products that I can find that claims to be a blend of nitrogen and phosphorus, all others seem to contain nitrates or phosphates. I’m not sure if organic or inorganic all I know is that grows phytoplankton fairly fast. Hence my thought that algaes can use nitrogen forms to grow. Have I been mislead by a product? I

It does not contain elemental N or P. Just inorganic nitrate (and maybe ammonia) and phosphate, but mathematically quantified as if it were N and P.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back