WWII Theme Aquarium

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here, but I’ve had tanks for as long as I can remember. For the last 48 hours, however, I’ve been obsessing over a very specific and nerdy idea I had for an aquarium display: a shallow coral reef in the waters around Peleliu (or any other island involved in the Pacific campaign). The idea would be to include items from World War II as decorations. Part of an airplane’s fuselage, a dropped Japanese helmet, etc. I don’t want a hokey miniature battleship!

Of course, metal and saltwater don’t mix, especially in an aquarium system. And there doesn’t seem to be a reliable way to seal objects for a long-term stay in salt water. The only solution I can think of would be to befriend somebody who has the means to recreate the items in an aquarium-safe material. If anybody has any ideas, I’m all ears! If nothing else, it was a fun thought experiment.

0F247974-63A2-4479-B70F-C4CCB14C35AB.jpeg E82BA332-CD30-4002-A265-6F4EA8FECE99.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Very thought provoking and I'm sure you'll find a way to do it.

'start where you are, use what you have, do what you can' - Arthur Ashe, tennis player

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back