Wyoming Whites Breeding Pair

What % of the babies will be Wyoming Whites?

• Total voters

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Wyoming Whites pair has just laid another nest. This is their 9th or 10th nest so far. We wanted to collect a few of the other nests but the pair kept laying on every surface except the pot. We thought we could outsmart them so we lined their tank with tiles and a pot.
They were not too happy with the "concrete jungle" and did not lay for almost 2 months, so we waved the white flag and surrendered.
We decided to remove everything from their tank except for the pot. A few weeks later...Tah-Dah!!
This time they have finally laid in the pot.:clap2:
This nest is spread out a lot and they have a lot to learn, but I am just happy they started laying on the pot. This way I can at least pull the pot, it they don't eat the nest like all the previous ones. So, wish us luck and hopefully soon we can have some Wyoming Whites babies growing in our hatchery. Here is a video we just took of them and the nest.

May 1, 2012 9:45pm

[video=youtube_share;XVKPMZDU9wM]http://youtu.be/XVKPMZDU9wM[/video]

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow congrats! I love this!

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awsome brian, good luck on the wyoming white offspring, would be great to be the first to produce some if they hatch.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at you!! With the gorgeous clowns! :kiss:

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow congrats! I love this!

Thanks Rev! We are very excited!

awsome brian, good luck on the wyoming white offspring, would be great to be the first to produce some if they hatch.

Thank you Rudy! Can't wait to see what they look like.
Wow....they sure are beautiful!!! Congrats!!! :clap2:

Thank you very much. We appreciate it.

Look at you!! With the gorgeous clowns! :kiss:

Thank you. They are our favorite, but don't tell them we said that. All the others will get jealous:bigsmile:

Awesome. Hope you start producing some WW soon. Good luck. :)

Thank you Marvin, we hope to have some positive results soon. The eggs are still on the pot...so far so good.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude you have struck clownfish gold with this breeding pair goodluck on offspring look forward to seeing some ww babies

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude you have struck clownfish gold with this breeding pair goodluck on offspring look forward to seeing some ww babies

Thank you! We hope to be able to get these eggs to hatch so we can finally get to see what the babies will look like...hopefully just like Mom and Dad.

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pair. From what I remember about platinums, about 10-15% will look like the parents, another 20% will be like a picasso, and the rest regular clowns. 10-15% isn't bad though. Also one of the reasons they are a premium price.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put me down for a pair of we babies!

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He would be the second to do it. But it will be great to have more available to the public.
Any luck with them not eating the eggs

I think what Rudy meant was that he was hoping that Clownfish Depot would be the first, since C-Quest of course, to produce some WW babies from a true "pair" of Wyoming Whites and not just a male WW & Reg Occ.

So far so good with the eggs, but I am not holding my breath, since this is the first time they laid in the pot. Hopefully they get it right soon and we can have enough Wyoming White babies for everyone :bigsmile:

AsphaltPays

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put me On the list !! Great job very nice looking clowns

Sent from my iPhone 4S
using Tapatalk

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome Brian, glad you seem to be having some success. Focus on bringing those guys up healthy before worrying about selling them off, haha.

Would be great to have a supplier of WW of R2R :)

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what Rudy meant was that he was hoping that Clownfish Depot would be the first, since C-Quest of course, to produce some WW babies from a true "pair" of Wyoming Whites and not just a male WW & Reg Occ.

So far so good with the eggs, but I am not holding my breath, since this is the first time they laid in the pot. Hopefully they get it right soon and we can have enough Wyoming White babies for everyone :bigsmile:
yeah thats what i meant, c-quest got lucky with these white variants from just normal looking occellaris clowns according to katy addison, the other people that have successfully bred a wyoming white is SA but they only used a male wyoming white with a female occellaris , which according to a close rep there not even one wyoming white fry out of several batches, all fancys.. i had a shot at it but i didn't have enough patients . so now brian is the only one i know that has a pair of these breeding so it will be exciting to see what his pair will produce and hopefully put an end to the NO WYOMING WHITES AVAILABLE THINGY HAPPINING...

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back on topic at hand guys. No need to prove right or wrong here, lets all just celebrate the fact that hopefully these will be prevalent.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 73 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 70 28.8%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 21.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back