Wyoming Whites Breeding Pair

What % of the babies will be Wyoming Whites?

• Total voters

temper76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ww

Wow nice,I wonder how much a adult pair of ww laying eggs with a video to prove it goes for these days??sorry I'm off the topic . Any luck with them ?

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No luck this time. The eggs looked nice and fertilized but they didn't like them for some reason and picked them off on the 5th day :-(
They are due to lay anyday now again. Let's just hope they lay in the pot again. I will most likely pull them this time. Want to see what the babies will look like. Wish me luck!!

Macropora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats and great to see that your WW pair is breeding. Hopefully the next batch you'll be able to snatch up before they get hungry.

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats and great to see that your WW pair is breeding. Hopefully the next batch you'll be able to snatch up before they get hungry.
Thank you! I don't know why they keep eating/picking them off after 4-5 days because they are good looking fertilized eggs. I feed them 8x a day so I doubt they are hungry. Lol. I am sure they will get it right soon or I will have to give their eggs to a Surragate pair to take care of or just pull their pot. I'll keep the thread up to date with some good progress soon...if all goes well.

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Laid eggs again

Well, they laid again, but this time on the back corner of their tank :tsk:

Guess I can't "pull the pot" like I had hoped. Maybe I will just take the tank apart. LOL
It seems like they prefer flat surfaces, so I am going to scrap the pot all togeter and go back to flat tiles and make them a lean-to. Either way it's good that they are laying consistently. Now they just have to take care of the eggs until hatch night. Let's see if they can do it this time:bigsmile:

[video=youtube_share;8ySBljfnDRs]http://youtu.be/8ySBljfnDRs[/video]

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WW pair did just lay again. It's their biggest and tighest nest by far and it's the first time they laid again so quickly(14 days)
I think they are getting the hang of it. I really hope they get it right this time :bounce:

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I want a pair of Wyoming Whites SOOOO BAD!!
How much are the Wyoming Whites selling for a pair?
I dont see them on your site anywhere

Last edited:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The WW pair did just lay again. It's their biggest and tighest nest by far and it's the first time they laid again so quickly(14 days)
I think they are getting the hang of it. I really hope they get it right this time :bounce:
I hope they do as well

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the support and well wishes everyone. This nest looks just like one from my other breeding pairs, so I think they are very very close to taking care of them properly. 5 days from now should be a good indication, since the previous nest have not lasted past 4 days...I will be holding my breath...

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the eggs survived the first night and still look good. The male and female are both "fanning" and cleaning the eggs. I have not observed this pair tending to their eggs like this before, so I think that's a great sign for them. They may finally be getting it right, but I will still hold my breath...

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back