Wyoming Whites Breeding Pair

What % of the babies will be Wyoming Whites?

• Total voters

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice glad to hear the progress I'm sure your excited

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Night 8. Bad news. The rest of the eggs never hatched :sad:

1 DPH: A few of them didn't make it thru the night so we have 5 little WW swimmers left...:sad:

Last edited:

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 better than none is good not great but better luck next time

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 DPH: Sadly 4 of the fry didn't make it today to day 3. We only have 1 little swimmer left. Its so weird seeing a tank with 1 fry in it when we are used to see 300-400. Maybe this little guy will make it to meta. Today and tommorrow are the crucial days. Still holding my breath for this little guy...

AquaticReeferMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 DPH: Sadly 4 of the fry didn't make it today to day 3. We only have 1 little swimmer left. Its so weird seeing a tank with 1 fry in it when we are used to see 300-400. Maybe this little guy will make it to meta. Today and tommorrow are the crucial days. Still holding my breath for this little guy...

Ouch sorry to hear about your WW Brian =(....quick questions whats the differences between a ww clownfish and a platinum clownfish? Also those 2 types of clowns are both perculas correct?

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch sorry to hear about your WW Brian =(....quick questions whats the differences between a ww clownfish and a platinum clownfish? Also those 2 types of clowns are both perculas correct?
I know what you mean, but I am happy they are finally at this stage. They are due to lay again on Friday so I am onfident they will do an even better job this time becasue they have been improving every batch.
I posted the difference between a WW and a Platinum a little earlier in the thread :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 DPH: Still have the lone warrior swimming and getting bigger. He has the whole tank of rotifers to himself. Very nice bachelor pad :bigsmile:

bbandu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never been very big on designer clowns but I have to say that these WW look pretty awsome. Any new updates on the laying/hatching progress. Good luck to the lone warrior and on the next batch.

OP
OP
Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Depot

Clownfish Breeder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the message. Unfortunately the lone warrior didn't make it to meta :(
And they did lay another big nest, biggest one so far, which was to hatch last night if the male didn't eat them all. So now it's just a waiting game for them to stop eating the eggs. I moist have to be patient until they get it right. Hopefully that is soon :)

seamonkey84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awww man, I've been looking around for a wyoming white or maine blizzard (I'm a Mainer) for weeks but ended up getting a snowflake and a black ice instead. Best of luck with your next batch, I'll be following and searching still. I know I can get a platinum percula easier but I want to stick with ocellaris.

kmaintl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love voting, but you don't have a category for 5%. I believe these are rare for 2x reasons and the first being, they eat their hatches repeatedly. 2nd is I have a gut feeling that the percentage is extremely low. I am guessing that's why SA only released 2x pairs at MACNA and it will be another 4x months minimum before they release anymore. They probably only got 2x WW out of their first batches. This is just a gut feeling.

CONGRATS Brian... wonderful news! Can't wait until we see the video of them hatching!!!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love voting, but you don't have a category for 5%. I believe these are rare for 2x reasons and the first being, they eat their hatches repeatedly. 2nd is I have a gut feeling that the percentage is extremely low. I am guessing that's why SA only released 2x pairs at MACNA and it will be another 4x months minimum before they release anymore. They probably only got 2x WW out of their first batches. This is just a gut feeling.

CONGRATS Brian... wonderful news! Can't wait until we see the video of them hatching!!!
for the breeder's out there, you think the more the WW lineage go down the line, the more chances of getting WW?

Lacktaters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are by far my favorite designer clowns! I'll be waiting impatiently until they become available :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 46 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back