OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup ill take a couple pics in about an hour and post it up. The blue agaves and lunars DID NOT KILL EACH OTHER. ...............

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chill ? didnt know I was getting rowdy lol! I will post some pics in a couple weeks of the results sorry its a secret which corals I am using to make what, but there name will be designers people eater

a secret is you can take zooxanthellae from one polyp and inject it into the baby polyp of another and get the same results as growing them together
now having this turn into a problem is very possible every joe blow is going to create there own polyp to try and get rich of

I would hate to see any "new-be" trying this because it can be fatal to the corals from infection, mixing not compatible corals, ......... like palys if you put a lunar eclipse with a people eater they will kill each other. yes they are both palys put different kinds

Hhhhmmm, we'll see, I'm personally still not convinced that the long term effects will be consistent. Even in the case of nuclear death (or whatever they were called), the offspring typically isn't consistent. A single differently colored polyp does not a new craze create.

And just an FYI for interested people, neither the lunars nor the people eaters are palys, both are different zoanthid species.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nah, definitely not trying to start a craze party. this is something i wanted to try a long time ago after experimenting with different monti cap's and having good results. unfortunately they fell casualties from Nudis. sorry for the delay and i'll get it up later today. been bz on a big project at work and being superdad.

Hhhhmmm, we'll see, I'm personally still not convinced that the long term effects will be consistent. Even in the case of nuclear death (or whatever they were called), the offspring typically isn't consistent. A single differently colored polyp does not a new craze create.

And just an FYI for interested people, neither the lunars nor the people eaters are palys, both are different zoanthid species.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry for the delay. here's some pics i took tonight. seems like there's some sort of ghosting pattern on the lunars disc. and the agaves do seem "different" for some reason. mint green tentacles?

IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4426-1.jpg

JackoChang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see it in a few days and if it keeps the coloration. You have a sweet paly there, genetics or not.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the kind comment. yeah i can't wait till these fully mature. curious what it comes out too. plus i'll be experimenting with others now too.....

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you do a darth maul and utter chaos next......lol

Looks good man, pretty interesting.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you do a darth maul and utter chaos next......lol

Looks good man, pretty interesting.

hey brutha! yeah, when the babies were coming out they actually looked very similar to utter chaos babies! i'm going to be experimenting soon with different type of PE/PE since i have a bit of them. I just put 4 different colors/types of PE yesterday on a large frag disc. each had more than 2 polyps so we'll see what happens. ill keep this thread going and post a pic of it up tonight or tomorrow and a progression of this particular lunar/agave frag.

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys. some noticeable differences as these guys are growing more "adult"
I notice the agaves are significantly "brighter" face than the normal ones i have and the bright orange of the xmen/lunars have retained on some of the tentacles of the agaves.
IMG_5053.jpg

i noticed the xmen/lunars have some speckling in the disc and there is PE striping on the disc. not sure if the striping is normal tho. might be.
IMG_5054.jpg

OP
OP
secretreefer

secretreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Z. lol this has been a interesting experiment. i'm planning on doing more experimentation. Reef keeper - YES! there is! i'm excited about that. still waiting to see what happens, if it stays and spreads more or disappears.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back