Fish you absolutely regret/hate never want to keep again.

Naekuh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pbt.JPG

This guy... the reason i took a break last time..
The Bane of my reefing history.
The Never ending ICH battle, that made me feel the attrition on what happened during the 80yr war.
The guy who will make sure you can never add another fish, because if he doesn't kill it biologically with ICH, he will kill it because he's a TANG.

ARGH... but they are so pretty... but NEVER again.

iceman14555

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels, I love them cause they have pretty varieties, I hate them cause their jerks. Also, mandarins. Again they are super pretty and fun to watch, horrible to keep. I had one a long long time ago that lasted about 2 days, even with a pod population and supplemental pod feedings.

Naekuh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Damsels, I love them cause they have pretty varieties, I hate them cause their jerks. Also, mandarins. Again they are super pretty and fun to watch, horrible to keep. I had one a long long time ago that lasted about 2 days, even with a pod population and supplemental pod feedings.

I realized you can only keep a dragonette in 2 ways... hope it changes to frozen or dried quickly in a small tank where it can get access to the food without competition, or a tank so large it has enough copods to the point where u will never see the dragonette again, except on a lucky day when its out hunting.

Anywhere in the middle, and yes, i agree, they are difficult boogers to keep.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kleini butterfly. Stupid fish and drove all my other fish nuts. He managed to tick off my marine betta who came out in broad daylight just to chase him around the tank. Never ever seen him do that before the butterfly.

phutch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tangs. I love them don’t get me wrong but their aggression and swimming behaviour doesn’t make them worth it.
I’m happy with my trio of Rabbitfish!
IMG_1530.jpeg
Beautiful tank, I thought you could only keep 1 RabbitFish? Is that Angels or other Rabbit Fish. Curious because I know most angels are not reef safe and we love our Fox Face but read we couldn’t have anymore we have a 180g. Thank you.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, I thought you could only keep 1 RabbitFish? Is that Angels or other Rabbit Fish. Curious because I know most angels are not reef safe and we love our Fox Face but read we couldn’t have anymore we have a 180g. Thank you.
I have 3 angels and 3 Rabbits in my 5’ tank :)

I’ve mixed Rabbits 5-6 times with maybe one that didn’t go too well (albeit those 2 foxfaces are now cohabitating incredibly well in an 8’ coral system).
I have a Magnificent, Scribbled and Bicolour all mixed in that tank.
The angels are slightly more difficult to mix but I’ve not had huge problems with it. Although I don’t have overly aggressive species like Imperator or Queen angels.

Naekuh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even my PBT and purple are model citizens so no complaints.

This guy though (I didn’t pick him, he was brought in on live rock) was a major hassle:

IMG_0603.jpeg

give him to @AydenLincoln, she will make sure he dies in the most painful way as revenge while making her puffer extremely happy.

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep several types of damsels. I find they get on fine in larger tanks. I'll never keep a domino again tho no matter how large the tank is.
Right! My domino was terrible. Although he was in a really small tank, as was the yellow damsel. My last blue damsel was in the 90. He was still a bully in that bigger tank though.

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
give him to @AydenLincoln, she will make sure he dies in the most painful way as revenge while making her puffer extremely happy.
I have a few more that I am trying to catch from the tank... I should make sure to chat with her... not a bad idea. This big guy killed one of my wrasses. The little ones have been wreaking havoc on coral.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right! My domino was terrible. Although he was in a really small tank, as was the yellow damsel. My last blue damsel was in the 90. He was still a bully in that bigger tank though.
I pretty much tore down a 6ft 150 to get it out. Tried traps, fishing with little bitty hooks, even made a miniature harpoon and tried to spear it with no luck. I have 3 talbots, a yellow tail and a yellow belly but in an 84x30 tank so they each have their own area.
I’ve got a electric blue I swear I hate him with all my heart if I could catch butt his gone total jerk
Hmm I have one in an acclimation box in my stock tank. Kind of a canary before adding a CBB to try and get eating. It's my first so maybe I'll just release him down there and he can have the whole tank to itself.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is very true!:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Hewbie would absolutely love to eat him.
8E258451-5085-4C05-9F6A-59FF6323CB00.jpeg

Imrahilwjz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pretty much tore down a 6ft 150 to get it out. Tried traps, fishing with little bitty hooks, even made a miniature harpoon and tried to spear it with no luck. I have 3 talbots, a yellow tail and a yellow belly but in an 84x30 tank so they each have their own area.

Hmm I have one in an acclimation box in my stock tank. Kind of a canary before adding a CBB to try and get eating. It's my first so maybe I'll just release him down there and he can have the whole tank to itself.
I tried all those things to catch my blue damsel. I was going to catch him when I switched tanks, but my 90 gallon tank crashed during an ice storm. The house lost power and the temperature dropped to 42 degrees. Not too good for tropicals. I wasn't at the house at the time, but there wasn't anything I could have done if I had been there. The power was out for 7 days and the roads were blocked for 3 or 4. My brothers were nearby but the backup generator for that place was being repaired in town.

cooltowncorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a copperband my kids call him “shells” he ate all the aptasia just like the internet promised….. the he killed 1000$ worth of LPS coral….. sigh

Everyday I look at him and think about the 2 acanphillia, the lobos and the acans he ate.

To be fair it took me a while to figure out what was happening.

DO YOU PRIORITIZE YOUR TANK AFTER A LONG DAY?

• Yes, my tank helps me with day-to-day stress relief.

Votes: 56 40.6%
  • Yes, even if I don't feel like it.

Votes: 17 12.3%
  • It depends on the day.

Votes: 43 31.2%
  • No, I'll try to save my "tank work" for a different day.

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back