my new baby... AKA The Café

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
20241006_063429.jpg

:face-with-rolling-eyes: got 40 minutes to get front of house "presentable" :flushed-face:
Thought the big church across the street was having rib roast next Sun, nope 8:15 CST TODAY...:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Hulk is waiting,gotta go, be back about 8:20...:D;)
20241006_071553.jpg
Mmm Ribs sound good

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We did it, crap shuffed,hidden,swept sidewalk, took the dam skeleton down for today, she seen it last night,
when all the FIRE trucks and police sirens were blaring for steady 20 min... :flushed-face: :flushed-face:
tell y'all about that one in a few...;):)
Season 3 Drinking GIF by NETFLIX
Going Crazy GIF
Going Crazy GIF by chuber channel
Rocking Back And Forth Family Guy GIF
...:upside-down-face:
:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
About 8 pm last night ,had to go out ,fire trucks ,ambulances,cop cars sirens blaring, air horns going,1st heading east ,then west through downtown main street,wobbled to the corner to see what was going on, the see and hear cars and trucks blowing horns...thinking w t h is going on ,nothing on internet ?called a friend here in town...
the high school football team played to go the state championship final... :upside-down-face:
unfortunately they lost, but hey they got that far,let's have a parade and freak out the people that had no clue what was going down...:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:;)
Good for them...:)#3 ? #4 in the state ,purty good...:)

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright y'all with the markers on the posts, where's Waldo, "me " on this map ?...;):)
1728230223280.png

Last edited:

Reefing_addiction

Addiction on Pause - I lied
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On question for you smart people

I’m going to used established live rock from my current tank (the stuff in my sump) to get the new tank up and going. And I figured I’d let it all sit for a bit before adding corals and such. I still need to build my aquascape which will be out of mostly dried clean rock. I’m going with dry sand.I’ve also seen bacteria ment for substrate but don’t know if it’s worth it. And Even though my sump is full of rocks I wouldn’t want to yank them all.

So the question is which bottled bacteria should I use to boost the good bacteria population?

Picture of my sump 40g breeder… the right side is all rock. The left side has some too.
IMG_5537.jpeg

And how much can I safely pull for the new tank?

Slocke

I'm pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m going to used established live rock from my current tank (the stuff in my sump) to get the new tank up and going. And I figured I’d let it all sit for a bit before adding corals and such. I still need to build my aquascape which will be out of mostly dried clean rock. I’m going with dry sand.I’ve also seen bacteria ment for substrate but don’t know if it’s worth it. And Even though my sump is full of rocks I wouldn’t want to yank them all.

So the question is which bottled bacteria should I use to boost the good bacteria population?

Picture of my sump 40g breeder… the right side is all rock. The left side has some too.
IMG_5537.jpeg

I wouldn’t bother with bottled bacteria. I would add whatever old rock and feed it. Chances are you have greater biodiversity of bacteria on your rock then any bottled product.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t bother with bottled bacteria. I would add whatever old rock and feed it. Chances are you have greater biodiversity of bacteria on your rock then any bottled product.
What about substrate sauce stuff?

Slocke

I'm pedantic, ignore me
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5537.jpeg

You can read through the beginning of my build thread as I did what you are doing and it all worked out.
What about substrate sauce stuff?
No idea. I’ll let tbrown answer

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can read through the beginning of my build thread as I did what you are doing and it all worked out.

No idea. I’ll let tbrown answer
Ugh that’s work but I guess

Now the migraine is gone but I have the fun “hangover” from it

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

IMG_5537.jpeg

#Cronies , never used a bottled starter... :face-with-rolling-eyes: about 1/2 of the live rock...:)
1728239346871.jpeg
Roughly here
really ,really close ...;)but that's not a fancy marker...:D

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll catch up later, just walked in. I started my 125 with dry rock, half live sand, half dry sand, and Substrate Sauce. I got little to no uglies on that tank but had a bacterial bloom about 1 months in. I used nothing else except the Sauce.

IF YOU HAD A CAREER IN REEF-KEEPING, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING? AND WHY?

• Selling and distributing livestock!

Votes: 55 33.3%
  • Selling and distributing equipment!

Votes: 16 9.7%
  • Breeding and Aquaculture!

Votes: 81 49.1%
  • Livestock Disease and Treatment!

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Chemistry!

Votes: 16 9.7%
  • Designing and Maintenance of tanks!

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • Research and Education!

Votes: 40 24.2%
  • Reefing Equipment and Dry Goods Creation and Manufacturing!

Votes: 20 12.1%
  • Conservation!

Votes: 42 25.5%
  • Other (please explain)!

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back