Using the new Dos quiet drive on the pond for awc

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up the new dos to do automatic water changes on the pond! Will run constantly 24hrs a day changing 8.5L a day. Untill I get a large 600L container the drums will have to do lol. A company comes and delivers me 250L of nsw a month.
1000025465.jpg
1000025469.jpg
1000025466.jpg
1000025467.jpg
1000025468.jpg

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! How many gallons?
Yes! Thanks. Hopefully will save me so much time and energy. Up to now I'd have to guesstimate how much to empty and then take a couple drums at a time to refill! The pond is 725 gallons (imperial) and another 110 with sumps.

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up the new dos to do automatic water changes on the pond! Will run constantly 24hrs a day changing 8.5L a day. Untill I get a large 600L container the drums will have to do lol. A company comes and delivers me 250L of nsw a month.
1000025465.jpg
1000025469.jpg
1000025466.jpg
1000025467.jpg
1000025468.jpg
Goddam, beautiful. What are the dimensions? Im building something similar, just an aquarium with a 10 cm tall stand to stop it from getting too cold on the concrete floor. My dimensions will be 300x150x50cm with an attached area of 50x150x35cm with a waterfall going down into the main display.

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goddam, beautiful. What are the dimensions? Im building something similar, just an aquarium with a 10 cm tall stand to stop it from getting too cold on the concrete floor. My dimensions will be 300x150x50cm with an attached area of 50x150x35cm with a waterfall going down into the main display.
Thank you! Its 200 x 200 x 80 cm. Mines just a custom grp koi pond really with a viewing window! I can't imagine the cost of your build in glass alone! Sounds like an amazing build though

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Its 200 x 200 x 80 cm. Mines just a custom grp koi pond really with a viewing window! I can't imagine the cost of your build in glass alone! Sounds like an amazing build though
Yeah thanks man, great dimensions, I really like the look of shallow tanks. I will also use a surge device so that I can look down from above between the waves. Found a supplier on alibaba of annealed glass. around 17 usd per square metre of 15mm so really good price.

ukgeoff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely love your setup – that koi pond is a brilliant touch!

I had no idea that NSW could be delivered here in the UK. Thanks so much for sharing that. I've found a company in Croydon that offers delivery, and going to see if they can deliver to my area.

Daily automated NSW changes would be amazing! Thanks again for all the info.

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I had no idea that NSW could be delivered here in the UK. Thanks so much for sharing that. I've found a company in Croydon that offers delivery, and going to see if they can deliver to my area.

Just be careful using nsw from temperate waters, In new zealand the salinity is around 1.027 so I had to dillute mine with around 11.4% of ro water. Also had to add all the elements (alk, trace, mag, calc) and at that point I just decided to use artificial because it was too much work,

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you! And no problem at all and they are the company I use, in Croydon. They are brilliant. Used them for years, they are good people. They've lent me equipment in the past when things have gone wrong.

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thanks man, great dimensions, I really like the look of shallow tanks. I will also use a surge device so that I can look down from above between the waves. Found a supplier on alibaba of annealed glass. around 17 usd per square metre of 15mm so really good price.
Yeah shallow tanks are really nice, something really nice about looking at coral and especially clams from above, when the surface isn't so turbulent. Have you thought about what you will use to light it?

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah shallow tanks are really nice, something really nice about looking at coral and especially clams from above, when the surface isn't so turbulent. Have you thought about what you will use to light it?
I'm deciding between a bunch of k7 noopsyches, would be cheap but also would sort of block the top down view or some of the commercial w series kessils. I will probably go with the kessil w500x, it can be mounted from the ceiling and still has amazing par even from 6 feet away from the light. Also only uses 175 watts max with a 130 degrees beam angle. https://kessil.com/products/Landscape_W500X.php

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000025833.jpg
I'm deciding between a bunch of k7 noopsyches, would be cheap but also would sort of block the top down view or some of the commercial w series kessils. I will probably go with the kessil w500x, it can be mounted from the ceiling and still has amazing par even from 6 feet away from the light. Also only uses 175 watts max with a 130 degrees beam angle. https://kessil.com/products/Landscape_W500X.php
Nice, yeah I looked at the kessils. I sent them an email about using one of their commercial fixtures but they just recommended a narrow reflector on my existing 500x, so assumed they werent willing to sell a commercial fixture. I'd recommend orphek aswell, their amazonas 960 is nice. I have one mounted quite high above the blades. Or they do a 500w commercial light which they are happy to sell as I did enquire about that to, although it needs two plugs and isn't controllable like the amazonas

Last edited:

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, yeah I looked at the kessils. I sent them an email about using one of their commercial fixtures but they just recommended a narrow reflector on my existing 500x, so assumed they werent willing to sell a commercial fixture. I'd recommend orphek aswell, their amazonas 960 is nice. I have one mounted quite high above the blades. Or they do a 500w commercial light which they are happy to sell as I did enquire about that to, although it needs two plugs and isn't controllable like the amazonas
Sorry didnt see your message earlier, was away at national ice hockey tournament. Im interested about the commercial orphek lights, did they tell you the price by any chance? Cheers

OP
OP
FishOkay

FishOkay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry didnt see your message earlier, was away at national ice hockey tournament. Im interested about the commercial orphek lights, did they tell you the price by any chance? Cheers
No problem, yeah the amazonas 960 icon which is the 310 or 320w I forget, was 1310 usd, the 500w fixture which is a unit! I was told by orphek would be 1350 usd, so not much in it in terms of cost surprisingly.

Thats the 500w

TOP 10 Trending Threads

IF YOU HAD A CAREER IN REEF-KEEPING, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING? AND WHY?

• Selling and distributing livestock!

Votes: 44 36.7%
  • Selling and distributing equipment!

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Breeding and Aquaculture!

Votes: 53 44.2%
  • Livestock Disease and Treatment!

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Chemistry!

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Designing and Maintenance of tanks!

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • Research and Education!

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Reefing Equipment and Dry Goods Creation and Manufacturing!

Votes: 14 11.7%
  • Conservation!

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other (please explain)!

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back