Anyone have CB's New release Bloodshot Krakatoa Paly?

ironman31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe 1st pic is a mother polyp and 2nd pic is a juvi....all polyps never look the same... Z n PS collectors should know that....lol

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a shot of part of the original colony I got. There are 3 different polyps that came on it. Some red/black granite looking ones. The Burning Cowboy's......and 2 types of Speckled Krakatoas. Some go orange skirt, to green to outerspace( with faint speckeling) the there were some that were completely Speckled in the centers. Following pics by J.Slemp

IMG_4906_zpsh2dwekby.JPG

IMG_4906_zpsh2dwekby-2.jpg

Last edited:

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This particular polyp is by far my favorite of the Burning Cowboy...Orange to green to yellow to orange to black to orange.

IMG_4906_zpsh2dwekby-1.jpg

bmeudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know, roughly, how much you paid pp for the burning Cowboys?

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a whole stories I did on another sight called " How did the Speckled Krackatoa get its name " I can repost it in a separate thread if it's a point of interest.

jared graves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call.

All of his photos are over-saturated and shopped.
Ya they are. But I mean if it really was half as nice as it looks in pictures I figure grow it out to 5 polyps sell 2 or 3 to make my money back and now I have something only a few people have! Oh wait did I just admit I only want it to look rich and professional. Oops that was supposed to be a secret;)

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other ones you have there.....that you were told just don't look the same because they aren't saturated.....should be these. Here's a pretty Gooder pic of them. We call them " Burning Cowboy's "....pic by A.Seney

omgs.jpg
So these are the ones that Bmuedy posted he got from BSA that you call Burning Cowboy's and the "Speckeled Krakatoa" you posted is the same as CB Bloodshot Krakatoas?
How much are the "Speckeled Krakatoas" going for?

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct. The Speckled Krackatoas we have, have all been sold at $350 a plp to collector's.

softy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the originator... just got some when everyone else did... from GM i believe. As far as the UK price goes.... i believe that price was set there before any real pics were even distributed. So whomever is selling them at that price... well... they could have gotten more i guess. LOL!

softy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh... so i guess to answer you question... yes.. same lineage... just not originating from MrBret.

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CB's are not polyps from mine...however, his, mine, the ones in europe all came from the same source/wholesaler. The very first ones I had seen were ones that Rudy got in 3 month ago, but that batch quickly melted. After getting these I took them to Rudy and we brainstormed a name over a week. Part of how that happened is in the thread I started called "How did the Speckled Krackatoa get its name "

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the originator... just got some when everyone else did... from GM i believe. As far as the UK price goes.... i believe that price was set there before any real pics were even distributed. So whomever is selling them at that price... well... they could have gotten more i guess. LOL!
Forgive my ignorance, Who is GM?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back