Anyone have CB's New release Bloodshot Krakatoa Paly?

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You and me both, lol.........I am a Hoarder. I buy my polyps from E-Bay, fellow Reef2Reefers, and other collectors i have met along the way. If i was able to buy wholesale.....I would have more tanks i think.

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, one thing i want to clarify......I am not the originator of this polyp. GM is. I do feel fairly comfortable saying i am a Co-Originator of the Speckled Krackatoa name for the polyp. Rudy was the one who threw on the Speckled part, he is the originator of the OG Krakatoa and Master Krakatoa, so ultimatly if there is any question on who named it, im going to respectfuly lay that credit at Rudy's feet.

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MrBret, So I assume this batch you received has not melted like the first ones that GM got in? How well do they grow and hold up during fragging? What have your experiences been with this Polyp? Hardy? Finicky? or just middle of the road?

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These guys seem to be very hardy. Have them on 3 different level in the frag tank and all are doing great. Every single polyp I have fragged has popped out babies. Haven't lost a single polyp. Most maul type polyps are a little finicky..i.e. OG Krakatoa, flaming Mohicans, Clarkatoas, regular mauls. They all prefer lighter light in my experience to bring out the green rings and bands. The Speckled Krackatoas however are just as bright on the botto. Of the frag tank as they are at the top rack. Too much light and other mauls we have will loose their color and sometimes close up a bit. I have not had that happen with the Speckled Krackatoas.......so Yes, Very hardy in my opinion. I have had Bloodshots melt, hallucinations melt, mauls melt.......not these guys. ( knocks on wood as to not jinks my self, lol )

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to add 1 important thing. On the fragging....part of the reason our frag tank is so full, is that we have a philosophy of trying to only frag things when the polyps naturally separate. So the frags I made were because they had separatedone by them selves. So no cutting of the zoa or its matt at all. Can't say how they do under a knife per say.

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to know. I will post pics of mine in a few days after it has settled in.
Yeah, I got a deal on one I couldn't pass up along with some other frags.
PICS TO COME . . . .

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefchicks.com has one. Their actually called "Speckled Kraks" as well.
I don't think they are the same, maybe it's their pics, but I don't see any speckles on these. They also have them listed as King Krakatoas. Aren't they different? Here are their pics.
untitled.jpg
untitled2.jpg
CB Bloodshot Krakatoa 2.jpg
CB Bloodshot Krakatoa.jpg

Sabres429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think they are the same, maybe it's their pics, but I don't see any speckles on these. They also have them listed as King Krakatoas. Aren't they different? Here are their pics.
untitled.jpg
untitled2.jpg
CB Bloodshot Krakatoa 2.jpg
CB Bloodshot Krakatoa.jpg
I believe King Kraks and speckled kraks are the same thing. My local fish store who has them and said their the exact same thing they could be mistaken tho.

ychan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my Bloodshot Krak from CB today, will try to post pic next week when have time. (I am not the highest bidder during last week, got out bid during last minutes). The polyp I received is from dealing with CB directly.

Last edited:

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From above....i'm going to say the 2 BIG pictures are Speckled Krakatoas. The one at top the pattern is a little off it looks like. It goes Orange, to Green to a Black band to Orange, from the photo......I don't realy see the speckaling. The smaller pic on the left...same thing, and the smaller polyp on that frag appears to be a Burning Cowboy.

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From above....i'm going to say the 2 BIG pictures are Speckled Krakatoas. The one at top the pattern is a little off it looks like. It goes Orange, to Green to a Black band to Orange, from the photo......I don't realy see the speckaling. The smaller pic on the left...same thing, and the smaller polyp on that frag appears to be a Burning Cowboy.
I agree. The 2 large photos are from CB's Ebay post and the other (smaller) photos were taken from the Reefchicks.com that has them posted as King Krakatoas. I know it's a crappy pic, which surprises me because most the other pics on the site are close up and in focus. Nice palys, but don't believe they are the same as Speckled Kraks or CB Bloodshot Kraks. Just me 2 cents worth.

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CB BLOODSHOT KRAKATOA.JPG
OK, Here's a first rough pic of my new addition (CB Bloodshot Krakatoa) My lights (Blues only) just came on and it was already opened after getting it in my tank by 10:00 am and then turning the lights out until 1:30 pm. Under all blues (LED and T5s) this is what it looks like. Skirts are a little more pink than his original posted photo, but I am OK with that.

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a winner to me. Got the full on Speckaling......and that what ya want on these. Like you said, I wouldn't be worried about the pinker skirt. Everyone's lights are different and are going to effect the polyp to an extent. Nice pic of your polyp. Thanks for posting it

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back