Anyone have CB's New release Bloodshot Krakatoa Paly?

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unexpected baby seems to be the theme with these guys, have the same problem.....not looking for a cure, lol

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very saturated original picture, but these are nice!!
The first 2 pics at the start of this post were taken from the ebay listing and are 2 different frags. The first one is on a piece of cut frag plug and the 2nd is glued directly to the plug. I know this because I received the poly (with baby) in the 2nd pic and it does not have that secondary piece of plug mounted to the new plug.
Still both polyps are nice. I will try to get a better pic under my T5 lights when all the lights are on. It will still be more blue than some people like/have over their tanks, because that's the way I like to see my corals. It does really "pop or glow" in person however, so the pics are not way off from what I have it under in my tank.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
CB BLOODSHOT KRAKATOA.JPG
OK, Here's a first rough pic of my new addition (CB Bloodshot Krakatoa) My lights (Blues only) just came on and it was already opened after getting it in my tank by 10:00 am and then turning the lights out until 1:30 pm. Under all blues (LED and T5s) this is what it looks like. Skirts are a little more pink than his original posted photo, but I am OK with that.

Did you get these straight from CB.

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finishing my day job. Softy and I came in lastnight and did a round of pics.......i just looked at the for them first time, and DAM!! lol..........I will post some pics in 10 min ish

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know I do have a button on my keyboard. It says CB on it. Let me see what happens when I push it.....Dangggggg, lol. Look at that....the rainbow looking one is a Burning Cowboy frag.

speckled_krak2_CB.jpg

burning_cowboy_CB.jpg

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know I do have a button on my keyboard. It says CB on it. Let me see what happens when I push it.....Dangggggg, lol. Look at that....the rainbow looking one is a Burning Cowboy frag.

speckled_krak2_CB.jpg

burning_cowboy_CB.jpg
Too Funny. Based on your pics though, I would say what he is selling is the same as yours, just the pics are more saturated, but I have come to accept that and have many CB corals and have visited his location a several occasions to get stuff first hand.
Nice collection of Speckled Krakatoas.

MrBret

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya that was obviously ment as a joke. And your right, we pretty much all expect certain looks from certain people. I have several CB pieces myself, and i new what to expect. Still very happy with all i have got from him. And yes i agree, his Bloodshot Krakatoas are the same as the Speckled Krakatoas, just named differently.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
20151016_125049.jpg

I just put this in. So not open yet.

This came from Donovan reef. Same colony as Cornbred.

Gave me a amazing low price and now I see the frag came with two babies third in process.

Big shout out to Donovan reef for the hookup.

These are going to be fast growers since they are popping babies in bag. Lol

Sabres429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the Krak gods. I bought a single headed frag and a week later it has two babies. They seem like very fast growers.

OP
OP
gregoryleonard

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20151016_125049.jpg

I just put this in. So not open yet.

This came from Donovan reef. Same colony as Cornbred.

Gave me a amazing low price and now I see the frag came with two babies third in process.

Big shout out to Donovan reef for the hookup.

These are going to be fast growers since they are popping babies in bag. Lol
Great deal! please post some pics once they open up.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back