OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you very much and glad to share my journey with you!
Very nice, and well thought out.

Very nice to have you following along!
Very nice, following along!

You are absolutely right my friend!
Glad to see you went with an external. I would never build another tank without one! Your getting close to water!

Coming from another hardcore hobbyist who has been around the hobby even longer than me, I really appreciate the nice words. Thanks, Tim!
Looking fantastic Tim! Can't wait to see the finished result, I bet it will be spectacular.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update: My custom external overflow arrived today in perfect condition from Miami, Fla to Dayton, OH. Hotel, rental car and airline tickets already booked so safe arrival of the glass external overflow was a big deal (emphasis added). :) Up next will be the installation process with another visit by the Original Tanksta himself. Stay tuned!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesomeness!

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're a nut, bro. I love it! :D
The best tanks are designed by the nuts; the ones that are over the top outside of the box thinkers, and that overflow and this build is definitely over, above, outside and absolutely beautiful, all literally written. I really love how you have taken this hobby to a quasi-public-aquaria level. Hobby is the wrong term, obsession is closer to correct. Hobby conjures images of PetCo mothers and fathers. You and this build are anything but. :D:cool::)

Great updates Tim!

Thanks for the updates, if anyone wants to know how to make a build thread interesting, follow Tim's method. :cool:

Seriously, thanks for updating the build like this, I literally just popped some popcorn so I can reread it. LOL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now those are some serious compliments my friend! Thank you very much for following by journey.

The best tanks are designed by the nuts; the ones that are over the top outside of the box thinkers, and that overflow and this build is definitely over, above, outside and absolutely beautiful, all literally written. I really love how you have taken this hobby to a quasi-public-aquaria level. Hobby is the wrong term, obsession is closer to correct. Hobby conjures images of PetCo mothers and fathers. You and this build are anything but. :D:cool::)

Thanks for the updates, if anyone wants to know how to make a build thread interesting, follow Tim's method. :cool:

Seriously, thanks for updating the build like this, I literally just popped some popcorn so I can reread it. LOL.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How's the progress?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back