OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There was never really a set time schedule for this build to be completed but I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. In hindsight, if I didn't make so many changes after the fact, the tank would have been wet a while ago. ;)

when Do you think this build will be compete? Curious if you have projected timelines and if you are on schedule.

Can't wait to see when this is finished.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Felix will be in town for 7 nights, eight days total for this trip. It will take some time for the new silicone seams to cure as well, before you can add water to the tank.

Sweet! What's the timeline for Felix? How long is he there? When does it get wet?

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but your changes are what make this build interesting. It's already beyond what most of us can pull off, but seeing that you change your mind and add stuff, take away, change it, etc. gives me hope... o_O
I am constantly changing and tweaking depending on what I see and how I think the system can be run better. So change away Tim! No rush on getting it wet, just wondering. That'll require an entire new batch of popcorn and a coke. Let my family watch Star Wars, I have my entertainment!! And I get to learn a lot of stuff too! ;)

Having the Jedi Master there on site must be amazing. I bet that you are learning and have learned some really amazing skills and tricks.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome reply and thank you very much for following my build thread. It has been a long and winding road and today was a very good day. :):):)
More pictures to follow soon!

Yeah, but your changes are what make this build interesting. It's already beyond what most of us can pull off, but seeing that you change your mind and add stuff, take away, change it, etc. gives me hope... o_O

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the chance to see the new overflow in person. It's amazing. The craftsmanship by Felix and the Reef Savvy team is just unbelievable. Can't wait to see this tank full of water this thread is just getting started folks!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Logzor is right. This build is like a fine bottle of wine. It will only get better over time and the best is yet to come. ;)

I had the chance to see the new overflow in person. It's amazing. The craftsmanship by Felix and the Reef Savvy team is just unbelievable. Can't wait to see this tank full of water this thread is just getting started folks!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome Sting quote! It does take awhile for the silicone seams to cure as well, especially on larger tanks. But as Logzor stated above, this thread is just getting started. My passion is SPS and my collection I put together over the years is just waiting to be added to my new tank, when complete.

Sueweeeet! bet that was heavy. Now you know, youuuu just can't keep looking at it, although beautiful it may be... you got to fill 'er up, fill 'er up with life, fill 'er up with love. Lyrics borrowed from Sting:cool:

Thanks, David!

Rock on man!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to read through my entire build thread (emphasis added). I really appreciate the compliment!

I just read through this build and like many others, all I can say so far is wow. Your choices so far are amazing and your tank is everything I hope to one day build....as soon as I win the lottery :)

Last edited:

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Av99 I found one of your old threads, and I am waiting with bated breath to see some of those magnificent corals on display in this tank. It appears you may have some old favorites that haven't been seen in awhile.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back