Bryopsis Cure: My Battle With Bryopsis Using Fluconazole

Did Fluconazole Kill all of your Bryopsis?

• Yes

• No

• I'm treating my tank with it now.

• I love Bryopsis and I'm mad that everyone is killing it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using pharmaceutical grade ? If so did the dosage need to be adjusted?
I'm pretty sure that what we are using from the pet website is pharmaceutical grade as it does require prescription everywhere else. We just got lucky that this place is not asking for it.

welly18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the pills and dissolved them? I have some but they have a blue coating and want to be sure this is ok. Thanks

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used the pills and dissolved them? I have some but they have a blue coating and want to be sure this is ok. Thanks
People have used tablets but I don't think they had a coating on them. @stevo01 @NCreefguy do you know?

OP
OP
NCreefguy

NCreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have used tablets but I don't think they had a coating on them. @stevo01 @NCreefguy do you know?

Yeah someone used the pills that had a red coating on them because I remember seeing their pink/red water. I can't remember how it worked out for them though. I'll try to look back through the pages and find it.

tonymacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 1 and as expected no change, but the skimmer is going nuts hence I suppose why its reccommended to leave the cup off as this would indeed be skimming my meds out, and this is set as low as it will go.

20170219_104355.jpg

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it that you are seeing the byropsis dieing after 8-9 days ?
I have very small strands of them and it's 5th day but no dieing off yet ..

Regards,
Abhishek

Your at the cusp. In anther 24-48 let us know how things look.

So after using vibrant and stopping due to a crazy cyano outbreak, I am left with bryopsis and am very curious about this method. Has anyone tried it in anything less than 20 gals? I have a 10 gal so accidental overdose scares me.

Im using Fluconazole in a Fluval 2.5G. There are inverts. Pods, mini brittle starfish, pistol shrimp, spiny jewel box, pineapple sponges, tunicates, mushrooms, cloves, zoas, palys, and a walking knuckle. No fish.

This was for treating species of GHA that were overtaking the tank. It took a few weeks for the gha to lose the fight. Its almost back to awesome status now.

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your at the cusp. In anther 24-48 let us know how things look.

Im using Fluconazole in a Fluval 2.5G. There are inverts. Pods, mini brittle starfish, pistol shrimp, spiny jewel box, pineapple sponges, tunicates, mushrooms, cloves, zoas, palys, and a walking knuckle. No fish.

This was for treating species of GHA that were overtaking the tank. It took a few weeks for the gha to lose the fight. Its almost back to awesome status now.

Thanks Steve .. Am patient to see how it goes in 21 days with byropsis and GHA .
If it doesn't work ,it's probably my stupid tweaks like leaving GFO on and using skimmer after 2 days ,feeding the tank as I would heavily due to my leopards and anthias .

Will see how it goes and if needed , will do a second treatment with no GFO and skimmer .

Regards,
Abhishek

welly18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah someone used the pills that had a red coating on them because I remember seeing their pink/red water. I can't remember how it worked out for them though. I'll try to look back through the pages and find it.
I really appreciate any info you can provide. :)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 155 75.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back