Chloroquine phosphate

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't verify it's concentration, but it did handle the brook outbreak on my clownfish. So I do know it's effective. It also eradicated all trace of algae in the tank after I added it.

dstienmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh **** lol just went and picked up my Rx 7grams $180! What are you guys paying? Bringing my HSA card next time lol :cool:

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those who have purchased CP thru diamondbackdrugs.com can you offer some insight to how much you purchased and what it cost? I would like to get several hundred grams of their CP but imagine it will cost me a arm and a leg

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For those who have purchased CP thru diamondbackdrugs.com can you offer some insight to how much you purchased and what it cost? I would like to get several hundred grams of their CP but imagine it will cost me a arm and a leg
I got 30 grams for $34.88

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Awesome, much less expensive than I thought. Powder form I assume?
Yes.
I found the veterinarian in one of the facebook groups I'm in.
He was very happy to do it. He didn't charge anything extra for his time or effort, so I left a gift certificate for him at a local fish he goes to.

#thematrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short. I was able to purchase CP from a local reefer who had gotten a kilo from a distributor. He knew i was in need and offered it at 20 cents a gram. I got 100 grams as thats more than ill ever need.

But ive had some sucess feeding pellets containing traces of chloroquine. For now i will continue feeding these pellets untill they run out. At the moment i am unable to tear down the DT to catch fish at a time to QT. Theres 19 fish and 2 show signs of disease. Ill say that after this i will opt out of tangs for good. Unless my kole tang makes it because hes a savage at grazing at the alage

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with diamondbackdrugs and was informed there is a minimum charge of $33.95 and each gram after that is .52 cents. They are the way to go, even though it's not the cheapest supplier. Fishman is double roughly what new life spectrum is and diamondback is roughly double what fishman is. You get what you pay for and since I got one have lots of money and time invested, I will be buying from diamondback

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I spoke with diamondbackdrugs and was informed there is a minimum charge of $33.95 and each gram after that is .52 cents. They are the way to go, even though it's not the cheapest supplier. Fishman is double roughly what new life spectrum is and diamondback is roughly double what fishman is. You get what you pay for and since I got one have lots of money and time invested, I will be buying from diamondback
I suppose it also helps if the veterinarian uses diamondbackdrugs as a regular vendor.

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to quarantine a falco hawkfish. Can I use Chloroquin Phosphate and API's General Cure to medicate it?

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would 40mg/gal be the correct dosage for the CP and I would just follow the directions on the API?
By the way it is a 10gal QT
Thank for you help

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.5%

Back