OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to update this if anyone else sees it searching.

The next day all fish eyes were back to normal except LNB who had it the worse was still cloudy but better. I did a large 40% water change after the chemiclean treatment. The following day everyone was back to normal.

Not sure what caused this.

Twosixpax

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok then I think I can eliminate flukes as the culprit here for a variety of reasons.

Must be a bacterial infection outbreak. Im so stumped as to why it happened. Im more confused that it appears to be reoccurring.
Did you ever figure out what it was? I treated with chemiclean a few days ago, did a water change and added back carbon and UV, but last night noticed clouding on both eyes of one of my butterflies, and a "dusty" appearence around its face. I moved it to a QT for observation but it now appears lethargic. A clownfish also appears to be swimming at the top of the water (per the description of flukes above).

All fish seemed very healthy before the chemiclean treatment, although I had noticed cloudy eyes come and go on the affected butterfly in the past as you did, so I assume the stress of chemiclean unleashed an existing issue. No new livestock have been put in the tank for around a year, although I did have a recent Cyano outbreak (skimmer stopped working while I was travelling and PO4 hit a high of 0.44).

Thanks,

Twosixpax

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure out what it was? I treated with chemiclean a few days ago, did a water change and added back carbon and UV, but last night noticed clouding on both eyes of one of my butterflies, and a "dusty" appearence around its face. I moved it to a QT for observation but it now appears lethargic. A clownfish also appears to be swimming at the top of the water (per the description of flukes above).

All fish seemed very healthy before the chemiclean treatment, although I had noticed cloudy eyes come and go on the affected butterfly in the past as you did, so I assume the stress of chemiclean unleashed an existing issue. No new livestock have been put in the tank for around a year, although I did have a recent Cyano outbreak (skimmer stopped working while I was travelling and PO4 hit a high of 0.44).

Thanks,
Apologies - just noticed your update that the fish returned to normal after a large water change. I'll try doing successive changes over a few days (it's a large tank so can't do 40% in one go)

OP
OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies - just noticed your update that the fish returned to normal after a large water change. I'll try doing successive changes over a few days (it's a large tank so can't do 40% in one go)

Hi mine was a 180g , 40% no problem.

The issue was chemiclean overdose in my opinion

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 31 37.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back