Club Zoa needs help!!! Everyone please read!!

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, I wanted to let you know that we're working on a lot of good things for all of you zoa addicts.
The reason for this post is to get your feedback on topics or articles you would like to see about zoas and palys.
Everyone already knows Club zoa on reef2reef is the place to be for a lot of addicts like myself.
With your help we can make it the only place on the web for info on zoas and how to's.

I'm working on an article on taking pictures with the help of a bunch of reefers and trying to implement contest to showcase our beautiful sea flowers with prizes and all.

If there's any other things you would like to see from articles to send all your friends to so they stop bugging you lol, to discussion threads let's do it here.

We thank you from everyone on R2R and let's keep on making the club zoa section the best on the web.

1.skinz-zoa melting cures (besides praying)
2.Seahorsekeeper- zoa pox dipping. I think I will do a video on this one of my setup for zoapox to make it easier.
3.Fragging zoas. Buddythelion did an awesome video maybe we should make it a sticky and add other videos.
4.Zoaking- tips for better growth.
5.jcdeng- zoa pests with pics and how to kill.
6.huuta- feeding zoas and food recipes.
7.Polandspring- how different lighting affects zoas
8.Ugluk- Zoa dissease simptoms
9.Ugluk- Zoa identification.
10. Fernb- Zoa database
11.Logzor- H2O2 dipping
12. Zoa growout contest.
13. Zoa of the month is in the works but I need to finish the taking pictures tutorial so everyone has a fair chance and i don't win every month lololol j/k.
14.Bjohn keeping zoas happy :bigsmile:
15.Ak_reefer- Caring for hawaii pes
16. smnparish- palitoxin dangers.
17. Faviafreak- most beneficial fish to get rid of pests
18. Faviafreak- Acclimating zoas
19. wank and jvi - carbon dosing

Last edited:

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see something on ailments that affect zoas and how to treat them. For example, zoa pox.

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about an article on different successful lighting set ups and schedules?

How can this be done? Like get the same coral under different lights. Or just go to a bunch of peoples house and write their lighting schedules? Sounds awesome. Elaborate a bit more on what you have in mind please.

WesW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to take professional quality pictures of zoas in high blue light with an iPhone :tongue:

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List of Zoa attacking pests and how to spot/ID them (hydroids included), with picture example under each pest named/described.

Last edited:

Jon Schutte

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Josh,
I saw ur tank in person with Steve , we drove down from Tampa. I have great respect for what ur doing. I would like to c the different morphs produced within different environment types.

MacKrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be to far fetched by a zoa tree? As far as different morphs forming from one anouther kinda like a family tree? Or where they come from each morph and so on? Am I nuts?

IGROZOAS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a trending ZOA n paly list. What's hot? What's the top collector paly n ZOA list? Most valuable? Most overrated etc.. ...

Beach Bum

Beach Bum
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Josh, I will tell you what I am willing to take a frag of everything you have and we can test things out :) ( time , flow, feeding, etc...
Will to take one for the team!!!!

Last edited:

huuta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to see a write up of what people feed their z and p.I see alot of amazing tank and some say that feeding makes them grow faster and brighter.I remember u stated that u don't feed your tank

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How can this be done? Like get the same coral under different lights. Or just go to a bunch of peoples house and write their lighting schedules? Sounds awesome. Elaborate a bit more on what you have in mind please.

Yes, I mean get the same coral under different lighting and intensities and see what happens. This way you can say ok this morph enjoys led at low intensities but hates T5's and does ok under halides. I realize it would be a little difficult but I'm sure we could get a list together of the more common morphs.

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what different lighting and flow does to zoa's. For example - LED and MH - Zoa's grow larger and up towards the light. less white light causes polyps to be larger. T5's stem is shorter. Low flow - larger polyps, higher flow - smaller polyps.

ugluk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Number one for me is learning about keeping my zoas healthy. A quick place to find what to do if your zoa is showing symptoms of....
Number two a place to have zoas and paly names with pics.

ugluk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never fed my tank but started feeding BRS reef chili and my zoas started growing at a much faster rate.

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to take professional quality pictures of zoas in high blue light with an iPhone :tongue:
To take professional pics you need a professional camera lol. But I have a tutorial on taking pictures with phones coming soon.
How about an all vendor/hobbiests vote on named zoas.:canada:
Elaborate please. like on what type of zoas? Or like to name a zoa?
Hello Josh,
I saw ur tank in person with Steve , we drove down from Tampa. I have great respect for what ur doing. I would like to c the different morphs produced within different environment types.
Like for me to frag 5 zoas and give them to 5 different people and see how they change?
This might be to far fetched by a zoa tree? As far as different morphs forming from one anouther kinda like a family tree? Or where they come from each morph and so on? Am I nuts?
yes you're nuts!!! lol. There's too many out there I would have no idea where to begin plus don't get me started on the same morph named differently by 50 different vendors lol.
How about a trending ZOA n paly list. What's hot? What's the top collector paly n ZOA list? Most valuable? Most overrated etc.. ...
This sounds awesome. We can do a poll on the newest stuff out there (krakatoa will win lol) and the the people will decide. Similar to the poll on best of 2012 currently in the forum but with new stuff.
Josh, I will tell you what I am willing to take a frag of everything you have and we can test things out :) ( time , flow, feeding, etc...
Will to take one for the team!!!!
Hushhh Mr. Lipton!!!!!! Besides you already have most of my stuff!!!!!
Yes, I mean get the same coral under different lighting and intensities and see what happens. This way you can say ok this morph enjoys led at low intensities but hates T5's and does ok under halides. I realize it would be a little difficult but I'm sure we could get a list together of the more common morphs.
I'm working with Rev on something like this to help everyone on keeping their babies happy!

OP
OP
joshporksandwich

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's looking good please do not hesitate to give you input I want everyone out there to contribute. Club Zoa will be the most visited on R2R with all your help.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back