Coral beauty vs Flame Angel.....

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the reason why the jump seems so big is that the Flame and Coral Beauty have small options while the Potters only has a large. I guess I should clarify and say the jump from a Coral Beauty to a Potter's is HUGE.
The Potters has certainly gone up in price due to the current "issues" with collection in Hawaii. There are small ones available if you look around for a cheaper price. Flames do come from Hawaii as well, but also from other collection locals where it is business as usual. Hence why Potter's have gone up in price recently while Flames have not.

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now I hope I don't go pic the one Flame Angel that loves to eat coral more than most. This will be my luck. Funny thing is I won't even know for about 6 weeks because of the Qt process. I might stick a frag in the qt tank and see how he does. hmmmm....

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wait I can't even do that because eventually the QT process will require copper hahaha. This is like going to Vegas pure gamble situation here.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How well established is your tank? If it's got lots of algae to graze on then it is less likely to nip.

Corey Baker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had both, Flame and Coral, and both were fine and behaved well for months(Coral i had for a year) and then one day just turned into little devils nipping at every and anything they could. These fish being more on the shy side made them very hard fish to remove from the tank. but GL!

OP
OP
Deezill

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How well established is your tank? If it's got lots of algae to graze on then it is less likely to nip.

My tank is 6 mos. there is no algae because I run ran gfo. in fact there my nutrients are very low at this point but I am going to change that.
i like when I had more nutrients. Coral looked better.

Sir Kon Salty Sox

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did the coral beauty do? I am thinking about adding a single fish to a 29g biocube, will be only fish & live rock with CUC inverts. Running it next to my 75g display, wanting to add more of a bio-load but have coral in DT

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 years since my last reply and the coral beauty still doesn't bug anything (still mostly acros but there are a few favia, acan, and zoas). I added a flame angel a couple years ago and it doesn't bug any of those items either.

Sir Kon Salty Sox

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Which of the two, would you recommend for a 29g fowlr and the fish would be the only resident other than CUC

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had both (introduced at the same time) my flame lasted around 4 years before getting ill and croaking, the coral beauty used to be chased by him (he was a him) and now Mr flame has gone the coral beauty has become the jerk of the tank and chases fish like it used to be chased, I think it wants to be chased itself again and misses the flame angel chasing it, neither of them have ever taken any bites from my zoa's and my acan or the polyps on the sps apart from the kiss chase game they have been model fish, I wish I could replace the flame but a fish I bought 4 years ago for 45 pounds is now 145 pounds

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 21 12.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 47 27.5%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 80 46.8%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 11.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back