Dc pump reviews

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to here some dc pump reviews, good and bad. I'm looking at getting one of them but can't decide between the diablo or the speedwave. I like that the diablo comes with an extra year of warranty. Lets here your side of it.

7Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 on my skimmer and it is dead silent! It failed after less than 6 months of use. Sent it back to RLSS and it was repaired no problem, just took about 3 weeks.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua fire/medic, fancy seeing you here! I'm asking the same basic question over on some other website... LOL! I'm looking for the big ones, like the DC12000. I'd like to be able to run either external or submerged. So I'll tag along.

OP
OP
Aqua fire/medic

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha ha.... What's up Ron! Yeah, I saw your other thread.... Figured I'd start one here :). I'm thinking about the diablo 3500 for the cube. Might just go ahead and order it.... Lol!

matty0206

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased the Diablo5500 for my 40 breeder as a return and I can say it's awesome. I went with the larger because I will be upgrading to a 100g soon and was planning ahead, I run it on speed #2 for my 40 and it's still quite a lot of flow. It's quiet, no heat, and having that feed mode for me is a very nice feature. I also have the the RLSS skimmer that uses the waveline 3000, great skimmer and near silent also. I can say after comparing the 2 pumps that they are near identical aside from color. I went with the Diablo which is more money simply for the fact the others were back ordered and I needed a new pump.

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Jebao DC-6000, which is basically the Waveline Gen2, Diablo, etc, etc. The pump is small, completely silent, and has TONS of power. Out of the six levels of intensity, I can only run it on level two or else it is too much for my overflow/sump. It replaced a Quiet one 500 pro, and is more powerful by far, and only using about 10 of its 40 watts. It is also compatible with the Reef Angel and Apex already via the Reef Angel Jebao Cable.

The kicker is the price. It is over $100 less than the Waveline DC-6000, and is basically the exact same thing. Only Jebao themselves are selling it as of right now however.

DC-6000

DC-6000 vs DC-12000 size. Practically the same.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bhazard, if you don't mind sharing, where did you buy the Jebao pumps and how much was shipping? I'm seriously considering at least 1 for my 350g system sump. But I might even do 1 in my 13g small system sump as well. Am I right about the fact that the Jebao DC12000 is only a submersible? It doesn't say on the box, but I saw the DC10000 data sheet at FishStreet and that's what it said. I wonder why FS is still selling the Gen1 models? My guess is they bought a big volume order and Jebao won't take them back so they are stuck with them. No point in offering the Gen2 models if you haven't unloaded all the Gen1 stock? Does anybody know?

Zero Nitrates

I love chalices
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a speed wave. It is quiet and I love the controller. The feed button is great. During water changes I turn down the speed and siphon water into my sump. It really beats lifting jugs to add water.
Have fun reefing!

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bhazard, if you don't mind sharing, where did you buy the Jebao pumps and how much was shipping? I'm seriously considering at least 1 for my 350g system sump. But I might even do 1 in my 13g small system sump as well. Am I right about the fact that the Jebao DC12000 is only a submersible? It doesn't say on the box, but I saw the DC10000 data sheet at FishStreet and that's what it said. I wonder why FS is still selling the Gen1 models? My guess is they bought a big volume order and Jebao won't take them back so they are stuck with them. No point in offering the Gen2 models if you haven't unloaded all the Gen1 stock? Does anybody know?

I got them off a local group buy directly from Jebao. I asked Fish Street if they were going to sell them, but they weren't even aware of them I think.

These are group prices shipped.
DC-6000-USD75;
DC-9000-USD80;
DC-12000-USD85

If the Waveline, and Diablo can be used external, this can too. The one Fish Street sells isn't even a controllable Gen 1 model, and it is 220v only. It is garbage compared to these.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, guys.

tuanc704

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the dimension on this unit?
thanks
I have the Jebao DC-6000, which is basically the Waveline Gen2, Diablo, etc, etc. The pump is small, completely silent, and has TONS of power. Out of the six levels of intensity, I can only run it on level two or else it is too much for my overflow/sump. It replaced a Quiet one 500 pro, and is more powerful by far, and only using about 10 of its 40 watts. It is also compatible with the Reef Angel and Apex already via the Reef Angel Jebao Cable.

The kicker is the price. It is over $100 less than the Waveline DC-6000, and is basically the exact same thing. Only Jebao themselves are selling it as of right now however.

DC-6000

DC-6000 vs DC-12000 size. Practically the same.

hung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of another group buy for these Jebao DC pumps?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know of another group buy for these Jebao DC pumps?

I'll buy 3 if you find one! I want 1 for my sump, 1 for my closed loop and 1 for a back up.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Diablo DC 3500 and love it. My POV skimmer also has one. I've installed both other sizes on systems and am now a huge fan of the Diablo line.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Jebao DC12000 and 2 DC6000 on order through a local group buy. They should get here in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll post up pics and a review when I get them and when I get them installed.

joeogio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all im very interested in these pumps, has anyone personaly run these pumps externally, and would you consider these more reliable than say a reeflo dart. Im running two reeflo dart/snappers right now they are about a year old and running like a champ but in the back of my mind I know that one day they will start leaking and ill have to replace the seals I even have a extra seal for when that day comes. From looking at the picture it looks like there isnt a seal motor wise to go bad on these pumps other than the housing itself

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.4%
Back