OP
OP
mrmole83

mrmole83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys what are the sign showing that the fish arent able to handle the copper anymore?

OP
OP
mrmole83

mrmole83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
98e73981cd7388e2f11c335bc5696d06.jpg

Do you guys know what is this pile?

Looks like something is hiding underneath. I have no fish except a mandarin.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its some sort of debri but looks like its been produced

Not too sure. sorry. I do see aptasia though. If you haven't already, I would take measures to get rid of that while you still can.

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I have chosen to quarantine all my fish for at least 2 weeeks before i send them to dt. But have not succeeded yet. Not even once. The fish could not past the 1 week period. This batch i had for 4 days. 2 nemos, hippo small one, one trigger, and 5 chromis. I notice when i start to feed them the next day they would die or get really weak. I test for nh3 it was not even close to .25. What have killed the fish? And i mean over night?
My DT is only 10 gal. and I have a 3+ gal. QT...I have failed before at QT, but this time I used liquid ammonia and
Hi guys. I have chosen to quarantine all my fish for at least 2 weeeks before i send them to dt. But have not succeeded yet. Not even once. The fish could not past the 1 week period. This batch i had for 4 days. 2 nemos, hippo small one, one trigger, and 5 chromis. I notice when i start to feed them the next day they would die or get really weak. I test for nh3 it was not even close to .25. What have killed the fish? And i mean over night?

Congaken

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had problems with my QT in the past, but they seem to have stemmed from rushing the process...Now my DT is on 10 gal. so I have a 3+ gal QT with only one little chalk bass whose been eating and I believe happy for a week now...I did not use chemicals but started with liquid ammonia, cycled with sponge and sand from DT and when nitrites were gone I did it again...after that my nitrates were high so I changed water over and over till it came to about 5-10 ppm...also, my QT is not bare, but has bleached coral. sand as well as a pvc tube...I wanted it to be natural as possible so my little Chucky the chalk bass feels at home...I think that this is important for fish that do not swim all of the time...one week in I have used no meds...he ate like a pig on the first day and seems do be doing very well...In short, I think that shortcuts often do not work...it took a month to be ready but it seems to have been worth it...when he's out, I'll use it for a hospital tank if I need one...(I hope that the evil eye does not get him now that I have bragged how well he's doing!)lol;)

OP
OP
mrmole83

mrmole83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear that it is doing well. Just some experience i learnt right in this thread from more experience md hobbyist, crushed corals and sand will absorb medication and will release medications when we least expect. So i would not use them if i want to medicate the fish. Example will copper.

The-Russ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week i had an accident. The Ro float did not stop and the salinity dropped to 1.23. My guess is the copper concentration also dropped. I added back new mix water and brought copper back to .5.

I also disconnected the heater mistakenly and the water temp dropped about 2 degree celcius for day and night.

I found white spots on the hippo. My guess that is ich. I connected the heater and now ich have dissapeared. The fish have been sitting in copper for 25 days already. Ich reappeared on the 19th day.

Question is do i restart the whole process and wait 30 days with no sign of ich throught the entire time?

I had the same thing happen to me. I made 2 changes. 1) only use Maddison float valves. 2) I setup a latch on my apex to stop it after a certain amount of time.

I lost over $200 in fish.

OP
OP
mrmole83

mrmole83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys. I am starting the same process quarantine again but this time with a powder tang. These guys are known for their weakness and very susceptible to ick. Is there anything i should pay attention to? I did 30 drops of cupramin on a 120l tank and increasing.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 51 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back