meme.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! I was hoping to see some new photos!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo...anything new here?
Oh you would... :mad:

Alright, so here's the current situation. Pocillopora is everywhere and makes life miserable. It's killed off a fair amount of other corals because it's sting is pretty nasty. It's beyond the point of being able to manage, and I've kinda just let it do it's thing at this point. Oh, and I also still have AEFW, so that's a constant problem to manage as well. Blowing them off weekly does a pretty good job, but it certainly still impacts the growth of the acros they like best.

On the fish front, all is pretty well. Katoi is a complete #$$^%|* of a species, and has since been trapped out. But he did effectively take out my last remaining Nahackyi. :( Which is oddly a bit just, when that Nahackyi was the one which transitioned and took out the other male. My pair of timorensis have long been not a pair now; the female transitioned and forced the old male into hiding. Who, ~8 months later, is still alive but getting a bit skinny, when I do occasionally see him. I really need to trap one of them, but they feed very sneakily, so that's a pretty tall task.

Meanwhile, this is happening:
April_1_2016_Fri (1 of 8).jpg

Which, of course, brings me to:
20160327_192103.jpg

So yeah, I guess I need to start a new thread at some point.

I promise (for real) I'll get a photo update on this thread at least once this summer, but this tank is scheduled for decommissioning around the beginning of September. ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DUDE!!! Can't wait for the new tank and congrats on the new house!!

FoD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask for pics, and we get a pile of wood, and a tub full of rocks. I guess it's better than nothing. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new house! Always fun. You keeping the tank, or going bigger? Bigger tank for more wrasses!

Weird about your katoi. Mine is a model citizen...but I do have a rubrisquamis that keeps him in check.

I look forward to the picture in September. :p

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask for pics, and we get a pile of wood, and a tub full of rocks. I guess it's better than nothing. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new house! Always fun. You keeping the tank, or going bigger? Bigger tank for more wrasses!

Weird about your katoi. Mine is a model citizen...but I do have a rubrisquamis that keeps him in check.

I look forward to the picture in September. :p
Hey, you never said what kind of pictures! :D
Moving a tank and its inhabitants is not for me. Moving just the inhabitants is sooo much easier. ;) Close to 100 bigger...
And at least you have your expectations set correctly. :eek:

DUDE!!! Can't wait for the new tank and congrats on the new house!!
Congrats! Looking forward to the new tank thread!
Thanks!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what size tank are you putting in the house? Do anything custom like am in wall tank?
It's definitely custom, but won't be a permanent part of the house (ie - built in). Details soon, but things are well planned out and underway. ;)
I really just need the time to start a new build thread and share what I've been cooking. I spent pretty much all of last week working on it as I had the time away from work.

And I still need to update this thread on the current tank, one last time.

Life is past busy right now.

redsea01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck on your new adventure (both with your new home and aquarium). I'll be following along. :) (PS. The pics in this thread of your current tank look great!)

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great read.
Wished I had found it earlier!
Lot's of information and even more suspense to the end... it reads like a thriller.
Now up to the next thread and already subscribed.

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Hunter,

Your Wrasse Retreat is beautiful! The corals are alright too... ;) Hey, do you quarantine your newly acquired wrasses, and if so, what is your procedure if you don't mind sharing? Or point me somewhere that you've already outlined this... :D

Cheers!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Wrasse Retreat is beautiful! The corals are alright too... ;)
Thank you!
But if you notice a few post above, this tank is no longer. :)
I do have some final pictures I took of the state it become prior to it's transition, to close out this thread someday.
Hey, do you quarantine your newly acquired wrasses, and if so, what is your procedure if you don't mind sharing? Or point me somewhere that you've already outlined this... :D
I do, and I have: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/all-about-reef-safe-wrasses-in-aquaria.28/
There's a section on quarantine in there. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back