OP
OP
Xam

Xam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Xam yeah we get afternoon storms here that are like regular tropical storms lol. I guess that's why most of us Florida peeps dont start boarding up till we hear category 3 or more. Lol

I can relate. Oklahoma weather prediction has become phenomenal due to the dangers. We'll be set up, ready to hit the storm shelter and then sit back knowing the tornado will pass by us by a few miles. Crazy stuff.

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy Y'all!!!! Reefing from Oklahoma.

I'm a bit skittish in nature so it took a long time to reply to a thread, let alone start one... but I figured it was time I said "hi"... especially since both of my reef tanks have been R2R powered: a 20g for 6 months to make sure I had the chops for the hobby, and now my current joy.

My current tank is a back-drilled 75 gallon I got used from my LFS. It's now only a little over 3 months old, so I'm still trying to dial everything in, clean algae when needed, and figure out schedules.

20190605_090205.jpg

I recently upgraded to 2 AI Prime HDs from 2 Current USA IC's. I have plans to purchase 2 more primes for my softie/LPS wonderland but for now 2 Primes are miles better than what I had, and the few corals I have are loving it.

My sump is a DIY 20 gallon long.

20190601_135937.jpg

Again, still working out kinks.

10" ingress with mesh socks and skimmer. 10" refugium serving chaeto only, for now, tumbling with a powerhead. 2" filter media/bubble trap section and the rest for the return.

Again, the entire setup was designed by R2R. It's not the most elegant or expensive, but dang I'm proud of it.

As for me, Xam is pronounced Zam, which is a shortening of my gaming nickname I've used for years and years. I live in Oklahoma which, oddly enough being the epitome of land-locked, has a wonderful reefing community.

I work IT Security and am prone to not trusting anything, hence the delay in posting this... though I'm trying to branch out so it was either Facebook or R2R... lol Facebook no.

I have a wonderful wife who supports my addiction hobby, as long as she just has to admire the tank and gets to name fish and doesnt look too closely at expenditures.

I dropped beer brewing to reef. You can only have so many expensive hobbies. ;) I kept my boom stick membership.

Anyway, that's me on a frag plug. Thanks R2R family for the plethora of info and help throughout my reefing life! Speaking for all the lurkers, you rock way more than you know.

@Xam Welcome to R2R!!!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back