Hello!

Adrianna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm Adrianna. I'm new to R2R. I heard about this website from watching the BRStv Youtube videos. I'm finishing up nursing school this semester (hopefully) and work at a local hospital that I will be a nurse at. I have a 6-gallon tank with a betta (Maui) and a 20-gallon freshwater tank with two goldfish (Noah & Charlie). I also have a dog named Chase. Ohh yeah, I guess I should tell you my boyfriend Alex. I love the ocean and want it in my house! So hopefully Alex and I will be working on getting a coral reef tank in our house starting July/August! The videos that I watch from BRStv are very helpful and took notes, but I know I will have more questions once I get started. I wanted to be part of this community when I heard of it. I heard about the coral show that I would love to go to one. I live really close to Chicago, so if there are any shows there that any of you know about, please let me know. Sorry my intro is so long, I love to talk :)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! There are a few great shows in Chicago so you're in luck - we’re glad you’re here!

Clownfish.gif

OP
OP
Adrianna

Adrianna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are very friendly here! Super knowledgeable reefers! (Not me) any idea what size tank you might be looking for?
I want to go big. From watching the videos and from personal experience with my betta, I will just end up wanting bigger in the end and probably spend more money if I start with a smaller one. With that said, probably 120? What do you think and what do you have?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm Adrianna. I'm new to R2R. I heard about this website from watching the BRStv Youtube videos. I'm finishing up nursing school this semester (hopefully) and work at a local hospital that I will be a nurse at. I have a 6-gallon tank with a betta (Maui) and a 20-gallon freshwater tank with two goldfish (Noah & Charlie). I also have a dog named Chase. Ohh yeah, I guess I should tell you my boyfriend Alex. I love the ocean and want it in my house! So hopefully Alex and I will be working on getting a coral reef tank in our house starting July/August! The videos that I watch from BRStv are very helpful and took notes, but I know I will have more questions once I get started. I wanted to be part of this community when I heard of it. I heard about the coral show that I would love to go to one. I live really close to Chicago, so if there are any shows there that any of you know about, please let me know. Sorry my intro is so long, I love to talk :)
Welcome to R2R! In October Reefapalooza will be on Chicago:)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I want to go big. From watching the videos and from personal experience with my betta, I will just end up wanting bigger in the end and probably spend more money if I start with a smaller one. With that said, probably 120? What do you think and what do you have?
I'm a nano girl, but I think 120 gives you tons of options!

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember that there is a significant cost when you go bigger. Not just the initial equipment, rock etc... but also regular maintenance items afterward.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back