Hello!

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, Adrianna!

You came to a great place! It’s a good thing that you like to talk because that’s what we are here for. :)

Don’t forget to start a build thread so we can follow along with your journey.

FC352F76-1153-4B06-94CE-CB5902596E33.gif

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to you and your beau

Nursing school is probably a great education for reefing.. Thankfully, no drams, but plenty of other units of measurement you've just memorized and some lovely titrations :)

Try to sneak home an autoclave for your hanna phosphate vials! They're a pain ;)

spockwelcome.jpg

OP
OP
Adrianna

Adrianna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to you and your beau

Nursing school is probably a great education for reefing.. Thankfully, no drams, but plenty of other units of measurement you've just memorized and some lovely titrations :)

Try to sneak home an autoclave for your hanna phosphate vials! They're a pain ;)

spockwelcome.jpg
Yes, thank you! It will be nice to come home after a long 12-hr shift and just look at the fish and coral! :)

OP
OP
Adrianna

Adrianna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Adriana! I think the tank size depends on the livestock you're wanting. Tangs should be in a bigger tank, whereas clowns and other smaller fish do great in smaller tanks. I wouldn't recommend the standard 55 gallon, just because there isn't very much width to play with. Pretty much ANY other tank size works out better, just my opinion though. Start deciding now what equipment and salt you'd like to use. Salt is a neverending expense, and depending on the size tank you decide on, could run over 100 dollars a month.
Thanks for that information. I didn't know salt would cost that much and I'm sure to start-up the tank will be a pretty penny too. I do want a lot of different fish and a lot of room in my tank. I watch Tanked a lot, so I dream big :) My boyfriend and I have a ranch style house with a finished basement, so we are thinking the basement would be the best place for us to put our tank. Even though it's finished, there is a big space that has no furniture yet and it's right when you walk down the stairs. I think it would be nice for use to have a TV/game area with the tank next to it against the wall.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back