OP
Adrianna

Adrianna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just remember that there is a significant cost when you go bigger. Not just the initial equipment, rock etc... but also regular maintenance items afterward.
Yeah, I have been starting to save and I'm going to continue to save until I have to buy it. What do you think is a good price for the size?

OP
OP
Adrianna

Adrianna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

459B48AD-F93C-4FC1-94A3-26A4AA0D6C17.gif
Thank you!!

Silverfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I have been starting to save and I'm going to continue to save until I have to buy it. What do you think is a good price for the size?
I had a few nano cubes then went to a RedSea reefer 525 deluxe. This tank is 100 g display with 30 gallon sump. The nice thing about this tank is it comes with lighting. So it saved me a bit of money. I would suggest just to keep asking and doing research. I will tell you though that you will get many, many different opinions so definitely use your gut when it comes down to it!

OP
OP
Adrianna

Adrianna

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a few nano cubes then went to a RedSea reefer 525 deluxe. This tank is 100 g display with 30 gallon sump. The nice thing about this tank is it comes with lighting. So it saved me a bit of money. I would suggest just to keep asking and doing research. I will tell you though that you will get many, many different opinions so definitely use your gut when it comes down to it!
Thank you!

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Adriana! I think the tank size depends on the livestock you're wanting. Tangs should be in a bigger tank, whereas clowns and other smaller fish do great in smaller tanks. I wouldn't recommend the standard 55 gallon, just because there isn't very much width to play with. Pretty much ANY other tank size works out better, just my opinion though. Start deciding now what equipment and salt you'd like to use. Salt is a neverending expense, and depending on the size tank you decide on, could run over 100 dollars a month.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back