Sasquatchv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity is 1.025
Reef Crystals is all they had at my LFS when I started so it’s what I went with
Unfortunately no RODI water but I use declorinator and test the water for chlorine and ammonia before using any water.
Yes I am using API test kits except for magnesium which is Salifert
No RODI means copper, brass stopcock in your house or even worse copper piping will introduce copper. Cast iron pump impellers at your suppliers pump station could be repaired with brass/bronze welds, etc.
RODI is cheaper than many coral frags, why skimp on it ?

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been reefing for almost a year and after countless kinds of coral I can’t seem to get anything to live. I have had SPS, LPS, softies and everything in between. Nothing I do seems to work. I religiously check my parameters and have them as close as I can to the optimal parameters of whatever I was trying to grow. I have 4 fish and non of them are picking or causing issues, I don’t see any pests. So at this point I think I’m just gonna have to settle for fish only.

may tank is a 29g with a hang on the back filter unfortunately but I change the cartridge often so that I don’t have a bunch of nitrate growing in it.

I have an app that I input all my test info into so that it gives me a graph over a certain period of time.
My parameters are:
Nitrate: 5ppm
Phosphate: 0ppm
Calcium: 380-400 ppm(for softies)
Mag: 1400
Ammonia: 0
Ph: 8.1
Alkalinity: 11-12DKH

if y’all have any suggestions feel free. I honestly am just thinking about selling the tank because it makes me a little sad to think about all the time effort and money I have lost.
whats the app called

OP
OP
C

Chevyyeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will pick at fleshy lps but for the most part . He hasn’t touched gsp , Xenia , hammers , or any sps
Do you think when I get my tank sorted out I could add a Royal Gramma? I have 4 fish but I feel like there is room for at least one more

OP
OP
C

Chevyyeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a question about food. Is this a good mix of food to be feeding? I always feed a little bit of the herring eggs because I read on a thread that they are great for coral due to their size.

Attachments

• 9FA23DF6-A0AE-4242-9BC0-4350744C33AC.jpeg
    9FA23DF6-A0AE-4242-9BC0-4350744C33AC.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 31

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, phosphate is low, calcium is lowish, and alk is on the higher end. I suggest alk at 9ish, calcium at 440, and phosphate just past 0.02

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, phosphate is low, calcium is lowish, and alk is on the higher end. I suggest alk at 9ish, calcium at 440, and phosphate just past 0.02
Talk about being late to the party ;)

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Imo I think a royal gramma would be ok. As for the food I don't have much experience with fish eggs but marine cuisine is a crowd pleaser. Brine shrimp is good to have on hand but wouldn't rely too heavily on it. With the fish you have I think marine cuisine, tdo pellets and maybe some mysis shrimp would be a good mix, with brine shrimp sprinkled in. My clowns have a similar diet and they are getting beefy

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 39.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back