Ich won't kill fish?!

tthouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cmcoker you said your qt didn't cycle but the tank already go through Nitrite? ???? And the tank already 3 months. It can't stay at nitrite forever.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This young gentleman is 15. I think we are confusing him. I know I'm confused. Maybe start another thread to debate the issue?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
\ there is not one "approved" solution for each situation. You are entitled to your opinion, as is everyone else here. It is up to each reader to determine the path they will take.

That pretty much sums it up perfectly.

tthouston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know your guy are good guy and trying to help other hobbies and I am too. The reason I upset is you guys try attacks me with redicoulus things as QT never cycle, or bacteria doesn't has in saltwater without any prove. When i put the link up to prove then other person put the picture with DON'T TRUST INTERNET. ..hahahaha. That is not nice at all. At least I show the link to you to read, better than you just say you're right only.

ikegolani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ikegolani, just for clarification, bacteria is most certainly present in the water column! Advanced aquarist had a really nice paper on this that you can still easily search and find. I can't remember the exact numbers but I'm thinking it was around 20% of denitrifying bacteria was water column! I see post very frequently stating its only on rocks, sand, etc!
I apologize for not providing a reference, but from the research I have gone over the bacteria in the water column is irrelevant. It is the residual of the colony that comes from surface a area.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%

Back