Is Myfrags Flaming Krak Paly a Krakatoa?

terminallance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya I moved from Oregon to Texas in the pat year, in Oregon the ome chalice is $50 per eye while here in Texas I've found a mini colony (4ryes) at a lfs for $80 then found pulsing Xenia here for $50 and was dumb founded at that price! I feel like the best place to get things is sometimes other hobbiest

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright Kevin, I'm asking for a polyp, so when will I receive it? j/k Are you still at one polyp?

See on the left side on the bottom where it looks like it raised up a little bit? That is the baby Krakatoa polyp right there.... You can barely see it in the picture.... From what I can tell, it seems to be a very hardy polyp and grows pretty fast.... It is looking better every day and getting larger.

shawy2510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin what lighting and flow would you recommend as I want mine to be good when I get it

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevin what lighting and flow would you recommend as I want mine to be good when I get it

It actually likes pretty intense light... It is almost up midway in the tank directly under the Radion not set off to the side.... I do have the radion set at about 65% peak at mid day. I did start it out on the side under indirect lighting.... Every ones tank is different so that is what I would recommend to do and see how it reacts before blasting it with light.

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this pic online. Is it a legit Krakatoa?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 551

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
these zoas are all farmed overseas from the same pieces. They're making those 'aquacultured' zoa rocks and sticking a couple of each ultra zoa on each rock.

I GUARANTEE if you took a polyp from each place and mounted them near each other they'd grow together...

If you don't know what rocks I'm referring to, here's an example...

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/world-wide-corals/123554-looking-zoanthids.html

notice how each rock has a couple of each glued down to them? Well, I'm positive that both vendors in question each received a rock with a couple polyps of the exact same morph glued to them.

Mystery Solved :xd:

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure tbh. We need decent sharp macro pics :)

I agreed!!!! I think Kevin should totally send me a polyp. I promise everyone I will have a nice macro pic up for everyone before the weekend lol.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a single colony of the Krakatoa.... I found this pic on another forum.... check it out....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back