OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
tank is looking as good as ever. just going to keep everything simple like I am. doing 40 gallon water changes once a week, dosing 20ml of FWS everyday, dosing aquavitro fuel a couple times a week. Dosing RX phopshate to try to bring down my phosphates as they are still over 0.2

Just sent an ATI ICP test yesterday. I am interested to see what my trace elements are and I may start dosing a small amount of Red Sea colors depending on the results.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The problem with lanthanum chloride is the phosphate levels will go back up once you stop dosing and the precipitate builds up in pump impellers. Why not perform more water changes, reduce your feedings or use GFO?

I am dosing the same lanthanum chloride everyday so it shouldn't go back up. My system is 600g so more water changes will be really expensive unfortunately. I thought about GFO but when I used it in the past, I didnt like it.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dosing the same lanthanum chloride everyday so it shouldn't go back up. My system is 600g so more water changes will be really expensive unfortunately. I thought about GFO but when I used it in the past, I didnt like it.

Ah ok, yes your cheapest method is the lanthanum chloride for that size tank. Just keep an eye on your equipment.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
well as soon as everything is going as great as possible for me. something happens.

Tank dropped to 68 when my fiance and I were away, luckily I think it was only one day and we are back up to 78 now. hoping everything will be fine but I only saw it last night for a little and didnt today yet.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well as soon as everything is going as great as possible for me. something happens.

Tank dropped to 68 when my fiance and I were away, luckily I think it was only one day and we are back up to 78 now. hoping everything will be fine but I only saw it last night for a little and didnt today yet.

Sorry to hear that, I hope they all pull through. I am sure temps drop lower during shipping and they still survive.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry to hear that, I hope they all pull through. I am sure temps drop lower during shipping and they still survive.

All looks like they will pull through right now, now it will just take time to see if anything else happens in the tank in a couple weeks.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
tank looking really good recently, just keeping everything simple. One thing I don't like is how high my phosphates are. They are at 0.3, nitrates around 4-8 I am fine with that. Just took a quick video at lunch with my iPhone so the quality isnt the best but it is more for my documentation.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Same concept. I’m sure the phosphate rx will help!

corey

Yes it is, I am adding 15 drops every day now which for 550g system isnt a lot at all but it is helping. p hosphate is down to 41 on the hanna ulr so around 0.12. I only want to get it under 30 on the ulr or below 0.1

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just dosed the tank with some chemiclean to get rid of the cyano I had as it was getting really annoying and I never had bad things happen before when I ran my skimmer fully open last time, still a little nervous dosing chemicals into the tank. I will let it go till Saturday unless I see a decline in anything. I have 80g of fresh saltwater on stand by, along with a lot of fresh carbon.

Getting some milli frags from CRT tomorrow which I am excited for!

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Got the corals from CRT and I love them, insane PE and great color. also very nice sized frags.

Also got more clean up crew from reefcleaners.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
it has been 6 days since I dosed the chemiclean and all the cyano has been gone since Saturday morning. I did a 10% water change on Saturday, Monday and replaced carbon but my skimmer is still overflowing which is annoying but it is definitely slowing down and I think it will stop overflowing tomorrow.

I ordered 100 red leg hermits as I am sick of the detritus and hair algae in the frag tank from when I set it up, this should definitely help.

I am also trying to increase my PH by adding large airstones in the dead area of my large frag tank in my basement (where I have the windows open and the C02 is lowest in the basement)

Besides that, everything is going great! All the corals look extremely happy.

OP
OP
CoralWealth

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
685ED3DE-93D6-4CC2-BD0A-07FC3C7B4BE7.jpeg

Fragged a lot of my corals :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back