Need help deciding on whether or not a fish is right for your tank? Post here and we'll help!

Budman93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a juvenile Ocellaris and a clown goby in my 10g. Can I add another goby to go with the clown goby or will they fight?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a juvenile Ocellaris and a clown goby in my 10g. Can I add another goby to go with the clown goby or will they fight?
You should be able to add another clown goby. They are usually accepting of one another.

Osiel Alvarado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a 140 gallon tank with about 120lbs of life rock and a refugium. I would like to add a pair of Mandarin Dragonettes next month, and I will also be supplementing copepods about every other week. I was wondering if I do this would I still be able to get a diamond back goby? or would their be too much competition for food between the three do them??

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a 140 gallon tank with about 120lbs of life rock and a refugium. I would like to add a pair of Mandarin Dragonettes next month, and I will also be supplementing copepods about every other week. I was wondering if I do this would I still be able to get a diamond back goby? or would their be too much competition for food between the three do them??
The diamond goby will be fine with the mandarins. Though I do recommend letting the system to get established for six months or more prior to introducing mandarins.

Vince Latkowski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gallon biocube with 5 fish in it. 2 small percula clowns, a dwarf Atlantic angel, a starry blenny, and a large 3 stripe damsel that I transferred from my old tank. I also have 2 pepermint shrimp, 2 emerald crabs (male and female), and a few hermit crabs and snails. I would really like to add another fish but I'm not sure if I can, especially because the damsel is large and aggressive. I know that conventional wisdom says ditch the damsel, but my kids are pretty attached to it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Have I reached the limit for 29 gallons?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 29 gallon biocube with 5 fish in it. 2 small percula clowns, a dwarf Atlantic angel, a starry blenny, and a large 3 stripe damsel that I transferred from my old tank. I also have 2 pepermint shrimp, 2 emerald crabs (male and female), and a few hermit crabs and snails. I would really like to add another fish but I'm not sure if I can, especially because the damsel is large and aggressive. I know that conventional wisdom says ditch the damsel, but my kids are pretty attached to it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Have I reached the limit for 29 gallons?
The large 3 stripe damsel is a challenge to stock around in a tank with such limited space. I wouldn't add in that situation.

gotwins86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted a few months back but things have changed. 75 Gallon, 30 Gallon long sump.

Current:
2 x Ocellaris Clowns
1 x Midas Blenny
1 x Red Head Solon Wrasse
1 x Red Velvet Wrasse
1 x Chrismas Wrasse (Halichoeres claudia)

Wanting to add:
1 x McCosker Wrasse
1 x Royal Gramma or Orchid Dottyback
1 x Flasher Wrasse - Blue or Linespot or Carpenter or 1x Fairy (Ruby Head or Orange Back)
1 x Kole Tang

or

3 x Anthias (Resplendent or Randalls or Dispar)
1 x Kole Tang

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posted a few months back but things have changed. 75 Gallon, 30 Gallon long sump.

Current:
2 x Ocellaris Clowns
1 x Midas Blenny
1 x Red Head Solon Wrasse
1 x Red Velvet Wrasse
1 x Chrismas Wrasse (Halichoeres claudia)

Wanting to add:
1 x McCosker Wrasse
1 x Royal Gramma or Orchid Dottyback
1 x Flasher Wrasse - Blue or Linespot or Carpenter or 1x Fairy (Ruby Head or Orange Back)
1 x Kole Tang

or

3 x Anthias (Resplendent or Randalls or Dispar)
1 x Kole Tang
That looks pretty good. The only issue I see is that the solorensis and the orange back are very close relatives, so aggression between these two will be high, especially in a 75g.

HizPrincess

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20161115_204051.jpg

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 gallon cube here. I'm new to saltwater aquariums, and my tank is doing well with 6 snails (astrea and margarita), a peppermint shrimp, two emerald crabs, and a small galaxea frag. Water levels are staying constant and everything seems to be happy.

I'm ready for my first couple of fish, and honestly have no idea where to start. I want some small, colorful, yet hardy fish to start out with. I'd like to get two fish in the next couple of days. What are my options!?

Thank you so much for any input and help.

Nick92515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish, one or pair, chromis, firefish are cool, but can get scared if you get more active and similar sozed fish in future.

Whats a tank without a clown, lol.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back