Need some Help Please.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well honestly do you think they will ever see again being 2 weeks no sight? Am I prolonging there death?

I would do the FW dip and see what happens. What do you have to lose?

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still can't see but in tank I have a lot white bugs crawling on glass. None on fish but he is breathing heavy. Last 4 days I've been using herbtana..just cause I had it I thought I'd try it

1448669750613.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever do the FW dip to check for flukes? Or treat with Prazipro?

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did treat with Prazipro. think it was for 3 days max, then i figured id let be in clean water for a few days and see if anything worked. eyes look great but cant see at all Im just wondering what all the little critters are on the glass of the qt tank like white specs...could it be flukes or ick
but wouldnt i see on fish if it was fresh water i havent done since day 1 when i started..

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did treat with Prazipro. think it was for 3 days max, then i figured id let be in clean water for a few days and see if anything worked. eyes look great but cant see at all Im just wondering what all the little critters are on the glass of the qt tank like white specs...could it be flukes or ick
but wouldnt i see on fish if it was fresh water i havent done since day 1 when i started..

When treating with Prazipro you must administer a second dose 5-7 days days after the first. The reason for the second dose is to eradicate the “next generation” of worms before they can lay eggs of their own. Because while Prazi does kill worms, it doesn’t eliminate any eggs they might leave behind.

The white bugs crawling on the glass are probably just pods. Prazipro should kill them if they are some type of worm.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Im going to start a new treatment of Prizipro tomorrow,but 1st i need to do a freshwater dip to see if they have flukes Correct?

It would be best. If a fish has a heavy infestation of flukes, performing a FW dip will force some to drop off. Prazpro will take care of the rest by causing the flukes to spasm and dislodge from the fish. However, too many flukes "spasming" on a fish simultaneously can actually kill the fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back