Need some Help Please.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry been busy. Good to see they are alive and eating! It may work better if you can get them to digest some antibiotics via a binding agent and food. They will likely hate the taste but any they ingest helps. Also a good way to check for sight in fish is to use a mirror. They should react to their reflections.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to switch over to erythromycin. I believe API makes "EM Erythromycin" or something like that. Just like with humans, different antibiotics treat different strains of bacteria. The one you are fighting may not be treatable with Kanaplex and/or Furan-2 (those just have the widest range of effect, but nothing is 100% inclusive.) You'd have to scope ID, in order to identify it, to know for sure.
so just get this
erythromycin and start dosing tomorrow
they still eating as long as i put seaweed in front of them

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fritz Aquatics Mardel Maracyn Oxy Treats .............. would this work

I looked it up (see below); "Stabilized Chlorine Oxides" doesn't do anything useful to treat bacterial infections. This product is crap.
Non- antibiotic treatment effective against true fungal infections of aquarium fish and eggs. Fritz Aquatics Mardel Maracyn Oxy slowly releases small amounts of a stabilized oxygen-chlorine combination which, when used as directed, has an unusual ability to treat a wide variety of tropical fish diseases.

Active Ingredients: Stabilized Chlorine Oxides

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still dosing the epsom salt for the inflammation?

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK i just did it again, Its been 12 days in qt and 2 days in main tank and no vision for these fish. its hard to believe that they can go blind that fast from something and still dont know what caused it. Im sure everyday there chances of seeing again goes down, How do i care for a blind fish im wondering .. Do you guys think they will ever see again or am i prolonging death . maybe its something that can't be cured but im still gonna keep trying everything i possibly can,

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK i just did it again, Its been 12 days in qt and 2 days in main tank and no vision for these fish. its hard to believe that they can go blind that fast from something and still dont know what caused it. Im sure everyday there chances of seeing again goes down, How do i care for a blind fish im wondering .. Do you guys think they will ever see again or am i prolonging death . maybe its something that can't be cured but im still gonna keep trying everything i possibly can,

Just stick with the erythromycin for now. Antibiotics are notoriously slow acting in fish, and it can take up to 10 days of continuous treatment to eradicate certain strains of bacteria. But it is also possible that you are dealing with something that is just not treatable here. It's really hard to say.

Are the fish still eating?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes Sir they are still eating mysis and nori if i put it in front of there face

I would keep putting food in front of their face and dosing erythromycin. It may not fix the problem, but it's the best chance they've got right now. You can add in minocycline (aka Maracyn 2) or tetracycline if you wish. But erythromycin by itself should do the trick is this is a bacterial eye infection.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well still blind and now all these white spots. Any clue

1446737265809.jpg

1446737275807.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a FW dip and see if the white things fall off. If they do, it's likely a worm and you will need to treat with Prazipro. If they don't, then it's likely a parasite and you will need to treat with copper. Some of the spots I am seeing looks like ich, but others looks like Neobenedenia flatworms to me. I'm really hoping it's not both :eek:.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and how did they get that stuff. this is all puzzling to me ,

parasites have to be introduced into your tank. Mostly this is done by an infected fish being put in without proper QT first. Also, some parasites can live in your tank (after being introduced) without you ever noticing them. They live in the gills and out of site. The fish are able to use their immune system to hold them at bay so the parasites arn't able to take over. When a fish gets ill and is fighting infection or another issue like poor water quality that gives the parasite the ability to take over. Your fish have been fighting eye infections and not eating well because of this. Those things gave whatever parasite this ends up being the chance to take over. I hope I explained that well. Sometimes the words dont transfer well from my head to the computer lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back