Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so this stuf prazilPro i just got will not help? I should try the Kana with furan first im assuming then prazipro

They both have the same type of infection im assuming since both eyes are clear, once again the OST eats nori if i put it directly in front of him
purple tang nope

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have gotten good advice so far. I think your tangs have been tussling and have gotten a bad infections. If possible I would qt them separately to avoid further injuries. If another qt is not possible you need places for them to hide and keep the tank dark when you are not feeding or inspecting the fish. The eye may never look perfectly clear again but you are looking for a return of normal behavior and sight. I have a freshwater fish that has permanent silver eyes due to damage but she lives a great life.
Well i dont think they know the lights on or off. lol
im surprised they still hanging in there especially Purple

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so this stuf prazilPro i just got will not help? I should try the Kana with furan first im assuming then prazipro

They both have the same type of infection im assuming since both eyes are clear, once again the OST eats nori if i put it directly in front of him
purple tang nope

Prazipro only treats flukes and some intestinal worms. Since the FW dip showed the fish doesn't have flukes and unless you are seeing white stringy poop (symptom of intestinal worms), I would stay the course with the antibiotics: Furan-2, Kanaplex, and/or Metroplex. You can use them independently or combined (which is better). But antibiotics are what your fish needs right now because all signs point to this being a bacterial infection.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro only treats flukes and some intestinal worms. Since the FW dip showed the fish doesn't have flukes and unless you are seeing white stringy poop (symptom of intestinal worms), I would stay the course with the antibiotics: Furan-2, Kanaplex, and/or Metroplex. You can use them independently or combined (which is better). But antibiotics are what your fish needs right now because all signs point to this being a bacterial infection.
Gotcha, I appreciate your time helping me.. im waiting for Kana to show up any minute times a ticking and of course when you need them to hurry its usually late delivery. ugh but there eyes are still bulging but still breathing fine and dont look skinny at all , kinda glad i kept my fish fed well now for this reason

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha, I appreciate your time helping me.. im waiting for Kana to show up any minute times a ticking and of course when you need them to hurry its usually late delivery. ugh but there eyes are still bulging but still breathing fine and dont look skinny at all , kinda glad i kept my fish fed well now for this reason

Try dosing some Epsom salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gals) to help relieve the swelling in the eyes. This is not a replacement for the antibiotics, but might help relieve some of the fish's symptoms and hopefully feeling better entices them to eat.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got it. Added it and let's hope

1445555330144.jpg

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could only have one antibiotic to use on a fish, it would be kanamycin aka Kanaplex. It quickly gets absorbed by the fish's skin and you can also bind it to food, making it reef safe. It also covers a wide range of harmful bacterium.

Furan-2 is also an excellent product that seems to be more readily available. I've even seen it at Petsmart. :eek: It contains Nitrofurazone which is another solid broad-spectrum antibiotic. Nitrofurazone is particularly useful as a preventative for minor cuts (prevents them from getting infected) and for "surface" skin infections that haven't gone too deep. However, I don't recommend soaking food in Furan-2 because it turns the water yellow. :p

Metronidazole is useful for treating anaerobic bacterial fish diseases (like Hole-in-the-head) and also has some anti-parasitic properties that treat brook & uronema. You can also soak metro in food (using a binder) the same way you would Kanaplex.

You combine all 3 and you have one kick butt medication! Many thanks to the angelfish king "Hedgedrew" for enlightening me of this.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I could only have one antibiotic to use on a fish, it would be kanamycin aka Kanaplex. It quickly gets absorbed by the fish's skin and you can also bind it to food, making it reef safe. It also covers a wide range of harmful bacterium.

Furan-2 is also an excellent product that seems to be more readily available. I've ever seen it at Petsmart. It contains Nitrofurazone which is another solid broad-spectrum antibiotic. Nitrofurazone is particularly useful as a preventative for minor cuts (prevents them from getting infected) and for "surface" skin infections that haven't gone too deep.

Metronidazole is useful for treating anaerobic bacterial fish diseases (like Hole-in-the-head) and also has some anti-parasitic properties to treat brook & uronema.

You combine all 3 and you have one kick *** medication! Many thanks to the angelfish king "Hedgedrew" for enlightening me of this.
Im trying anything I can to save these guys... Holding out hope that they get there eyesight back

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you want to keep that water as clean as possible. Have you tried the epsom salt? it will help reduce the swelling along with the meds

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the Kanaplex you repeat the dose every two days. So if this is day two then go ahead and do the water change and add another dose.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 1st dose yesterday. Tomorrow is 2nd but the water looked so nasty I did 5 gallons which tank is 20g total and I added 1 scoop of stuff I'm not following direction good but I'm sure with better eater it will help. Tomorrow I will add 3 scoops since each scoop treats 5g.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 1st dose yesterday. Tomorrow is 2nd but the water looked so nasty I did 5 gallons which tank is 20g total and I added 1 scoop of stuff I'm not following direction good but I'm sure with better eater it will help. Tomorrow I will add 3 scoops since each scoop treats 5g.

Sounds like you did ok to me.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well no change today but did the 2nd dose of kana, i have 1 more dose of that left per the instructions still no sight but there eyes are clearing up and can see black pupil they might be able to see a little but it seems like there always swimming backwards, I dont know if thts normal for fish that are sick or what. but my question is what do i try next if this dont work? they do eat if i hold it in front them < is there something that i can put on seaweed other then selcon to help?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Metro and Furan 2 can be used with the kanaplex to help boost the spectrum of the antibiotics. It may help. You can add the furan-2 with a binder such as focus to their food. Garlic may also help entice them to eat more.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back