Neptune trident

Benibarra23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, there is something to that. Some investor companies paid billions to have the shortest fiber runs to the stock exchanges years ago and at some point the men in black required all fiber runs to be the same length, so they took the really short ones and looped fiber around and around to equal out the runs. Crazy stuff.
Typically it depends on where they host their server. My hosting company hosts our server in multiple locations across then US so there isn’t as much of a lag. That’s pretty typical these days for all hosting companies. The largest being Amazon.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone buy this one -

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Neptune-Trident/153480650121?hash=item23bc28dd89:g:92wAAOSwAWNc0vfp

Trident.jpg

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a more serious note, If the supply line is 5 feet long, does the trident use x amount of fluid for each test and then clear the line of fluid prior to initiating another test? Just interested in how it pulls new tank water for each test so that it isn't testing the water that has been sitting in the line, incase the tank parameters have changed since.

Medic58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet Neptune could release the cure for cancer and people would still find a fault and people would talk about other potential cures in the discussion.
The money is not in the cure it’s in the medicine. Just like the money is not in selling the unit it’s in the extra upkeep.;)

AZG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to read reviews. I was seriously debating on getting a KH Director while Brs is having it’s 10x points.

acjobim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a more serious note, If the supply line is 5 feet long, does the trident use x amount of fluid for each test and then clear the line of fluid prior to initiating another test? Just interested in how it pulls new tank water for each test so that it isn't testing the water that has been sitting in the line, incase the tank parameters have changed since.

It pulls new water for each test. That is why not modifying the length of the water sample line is critical. The instrument then knows exactly how much to flush and fill with fresh tank water.

Nhltc99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn't specifically touch on this, but they did mention that the water intake line is very thin to minimize water in it. They also said it is a specific length and cannot be cut/shortened/etc. or it will effect the testing. So, I'm sure it is pulling enough water in each test for rinsing and other tasks to make sure that the water being tested is new water from the tank each time.

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It pulls new water for each test. That is why not modifying the length of the water sample line is critical. The instrument then knows exactly how much to flush and fill with fresh tank water.
They didn't specifically touch on this, but they did mention that the water intake line is very thin to minimize water in it. They also said it is a specific length and cannot be cut/shortened/etc. or it will effect the testing. So, I'm sure it is pulling enough water in each test for rinsing and other tasks to make sure that the water being tested is new water from the tank each time.
Yeah I noticed that the line couldn’t be cut short in the talk as well, but Just wanted to see if anyone knew about the factual process, or if it was just part of the process that isn’t disclosed. Purely curiously as I am purchasing one ASAP regardless.

dcmartinpc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was one of the NSI testers. Calibration is simple and definitely was not accurate straight from Neptune. They recommend running for at least 24 hours before calibrating. I waited a couple days. For me, the big thing is precision. Meaning the ability to see trends and patterns. I have about a .3 dKH swing. I run a calcium reactor and I’m not currently changing my “dose” throughout the day. My summary graphs are below.

Don

8947d08f4944d04c29f760be9980520a.jpg

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me it isn't that the Trident needs maintenance. Again I perform maintenance and repairs on medical equipment 5 days a week so I know the value in preventive maintenance.

The fact that they said unlike the competition it will be minimal and at a low cost.

1/3 the cost to send it in or 1/6 the cost for DIY doesn't seem like minimal cost.

I'm going with a competitor for this reason. It's more of an initial cost but with the cost of reagents and maintenance it will be less I believe in a year.

I hold nothing against Neptune and I'll never run a tank without one. With my SPS dominant 240 Gallon tank, this product just isn't for me as it wasn't promised after all this wait.

Does anyone know how much is the cost of replacing the reefbot pump heads every 6 months?

RockyProndoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...its like your activity trying to prove my point. Lol smh

By now, my issues with the release has been shared and explained. It's okay if you don't agree.
I took a break from following along, but trying to play catch up. I'm clearly still missing one of your points, but that is all beside the point. I can certainly appreciate your opinion for what it is, and certainly appreciate the fact that you took time to provide an opinion.

At the end of the day - we're all here to enjoy the hobby in our own little way, with whatever products we choose.

I think the hype is worth it. Without it, these topics and conversations probably wouldn't have been brought up until much later, so perhaps there is a benefit to all involved.

Again - no hard feelings, certainly value your opinion and candor. Happy Reefing!

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don’t have the Trident yet....but I did get some of the refill reagents so when the time comes I will have spares in case they run short like Triton additives a while back.

Anyone buy 2 Tridents and want to sell me one cause they don’t “have to have” 2???

Not getting the first batch is ok with me, once I get my hands on one most of my questions and programming needs will be answered already.

TheAngrySeahorse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a funny read. Sorry Terrance, this is a world where no one can be happy, and everyone has a soap box to stand on.

The device was created so you could save time everyday or multiple times a week by not having to test and log. If you have to sit here and think about an extra $100 a year or every two years your probably in the wrong place....

No one walks in to buy a Ferrari, but is worried about the cost of gas or the $2,000 oil change...this is a high-end product. You can buy all three test kits for $75 from the nicest brands...This is about time is money, and if you find the cost appalling then you probably aren’t getting the true benefits out of the system...time back in your day with family or whatever matters to you.

The greatest part of all of this, is the people complaining about the maintenance cost are probably the same people who don’t trust the system to maintain their tank hahaha...but hey studies no where show that humans are far more accurate than machines, that’s why we are trying to unautomate everything...to control machine error of course...

How many of you went to a coral swap and dropped $100 with out thinking on some 3/4” “rare” coral that was newly released...Unfortunately $100 is a drop in the bucket for this hobby, especially for anything quality that deals with equipment and hasn’t been ripped off by China....Hopefully we will find that the quality met the price tag of this product...time will tell.

Seriously...just shut the thread down, too much non-sense...maybe just a new one from scratch, because nothing helpful is in here beyond the link to the fact page and the videos...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Poor neptune, even when the unit comes out, people are still not happy.

@Terence keep in mind the old saying.... You can't please all the people all the time, but you can please some of the people some of the time.

And for all the nay sayers in this forum, if your happy with your current solution, no need to come to this thread and trash a competitor product, thats not what this forum is for.
I disagree with your viewpoint. The product is not just for the people that like it to discuss - its for every member to discuss. Every positive comment is good for Neptune - every negative comments helps them perhaps refine their product or marketing approach. In other words if they thought they could double the number of people who buy Trident by tweaking something suggested by a negative comment here - thats a win for them - not a loss for anyone. No one would even read the thread if it consisted only of post after post saying 'I love my trident' or 'I cant wait for my trident'. Or?

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder, the line can not be shortened but if we want to add a check valve could we trim the exact length to compensate for that? My stand is a little funky and I'm not sure the Trident can be above the sumps water line. (I'm always paranoid about back siphoning)

Though now that I type that out , I wonder if the slight restriction of flow might throw things out of whack.

@Terence ?

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder, the line can not be shortened but if we want to add a check valve could we trim the exact length to compensate for that? My stand is a little funky and I'm not sure the Trident can be above the sumps water line. (I'm always paranoid about back siphoning)

Though now that I type that out , I wonder if the slight restriction of flow might throw things out of whack.

@Terence ?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say since we can't cut the lines that check valves wouldn't be able to be installed either. I believe it says that the lines are 5 feet but have to be 4 foot from the water source which means a foot under water, give or take. I wonder if this has something to do with pressure or back pressure for the pumps.

Back